The eyebrows are arched, the ermine coats are freshly cleaned, and Us audiences can finally catch up on the Grantham clan
Spoiler Alert: This blog is for people watching Downton Abbey season three on PBS in the Us. Don't read on if you haven't seen episode one.
Viv Groskop's series two blog
Joy upon joys – it's spring 1920 and there is to be a wedding at Downton Abbey. Order a boatload of lilies and send Mrs Patmore on a crash course in making canapés! Get Sybil and the tediously politically radical chauffeur over from Dublin! Find Edith someone to flirt with in the church so that she doesn't look like a total saddo! No, not that weird old one she was flirting with last series. Someone new. There isn't anyone? Oh, alright, he'll do.
With just the right amount of exposition, catching-up and scene-setting, this was a vintage Downton opener, boding well for series three. »
- Viv Groskop
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Anne Rice Is Bringing Back Lestat (From Vulture. 11 March 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Meme: “Teen Wolf” Casts Its Out Lacrosse Player, “The Bravest Knight Who Ever Lived,” Stop Oppressing Michele Bachmann’s Religious Liberty (From The Backlot. 11 March 2014, 5:06 AM, PDT)
- Watch: You've Never Seen This Version of Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Classic Oscar Speech (From Movies.com. 10 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber crashes SXSW with surprise performance (From Hitfix. 10 March 2014, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie is Stunningly Scary on New "Maleficent" Poster! (From TooFab. 10 March 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' hits SXSW to help 'Keep Austin Weird' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 10 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- LiLo tells Oprah she's done with partying (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 12:25 AM, PDT)
- 'The Wire' Creator David Simon Will Write HBO's Oprah Winfrey-Produced Martin Luther King Jr. Miniseries (From ShadowAndAct. 10 March 2014, 3:16 PM, PDT)
- Everything That Made Lindsay Lohan Sad in the First Episode of Her Reality Show (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)