The eyebrows are arched, the ermine coats are freshly cleaned, and Us audiences can finally catch up on the Grantham clan
Spoiler Alert: This blog is for people watching Downton Abbey season three on PBS in the Us. Don't read on if you haven't seen episode one.
Viv Groskop's series two blog
Joy upon joys – it's spring 1920 and there is to be a wedding at Downton Abbey. Order a boatload of lilies and send Mrs Patmore on a crash course in making canapés! Get Sybil and the tediously politically radical chauffeur over from Dublin! Find Edith someone to flirt with in the church so that she doesn't look like a total saddo! No, not that weird old one she was flirting with last series. Someone new. There isn't anyone? Oh, alright, he'll do.
With just the right amount of exposition, catching-up and scene-setting, this was a vintage Downton opener, boding well for series three. »
- Viv Groskop
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Revenge of the Nerds' Curtis Armstrong Tells All: 7 Shocking Confessions From His New Memoir (From E! Online. 26 June 2017, 6:24 PM, PDT)
- How to Save the Dark Universe (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Matt Lauer Reenacts His Infamous 2005 Interview With Tom Cruise… as Tom Cruise (From Mediaite - TV. 24 June 2017, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- See What Lady Gaga Wears to Go Hiking (From The Wrap. 26 June 2017, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- 'All of Me,' 'What Do You Mean' and More of the Hottest Music Video Makeouts Ever (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Bradley Cooper films A Star Is Born scenes before Kris Kristofferson’s Glastonbury set (From The AV Club. 26 June 2017, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Scoop: the Beybies are Here, BiP is Back More of the Biggest News from Hollywood (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- ‘Pink Slime’ and 5 More Legal Fights Over Food Insults (Photos) (From The Wrap. 23 June 2017, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Christian Siriano Hopes for a Time When Dressing Women of All Ages and Sizes Is ‘A Little Bit More of the Norm’ (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)