The eyebrows are arched, the ermine coats are freshly cleaned, and Us audiences can finally catch up on the Grantham clan
Spoiler Alert: This blog is for people watching Downton Abbey season three on PBS in the Us. Don't read on if you haven't seen episode one.
Viv Groskop's series two blog
Joy upon joys – it's spring 1920 and there is to be a wedding at Downton Abbey. Order a boatload of lilies and send Mrs Patmore on a crash course in making canapés! Get Sybil and the tediously politically radical chauffeur over from Dublin! Find Edith someone to flirt with in the church so that she doesn't look like a total saddo! No, not that weird old one she was flirting with last series. Someone new. There isn't anyone? Oh, alright, he'll do.
With just the right amount of exposition, catching-up and scene-setting, this was a vintage Downton opener, boding well for series three. »
- Viv Groskop
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tribeca 2014: ‘Gabriel’ captures the unpredictability of mental illness (From SoundOnSight. 17 April 2014, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise dating Laura Prepon? (From RealBollywood. 17 April 2014, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- Are Tom Cruise & Laura Prepon Dating? (From Access Hollywood. 17 April 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- Meme: The Disappointing Gays of “Portlandia”, Myers-Briggs of Disney Characters, How the Men of “Teen Wolf” Taste (From The Backlot. 17 April 2014, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga left humiliated post leaking of un-airbrushed pics (From RealBollywood. 17 April 2014, 2:43 AM, PDT)
- Official storyboards from Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 16 April 2014, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Own Releases Teaser Trailer For Lindsay Finale (From We Got This Covered. 17 April 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Justin Timberlake and other stars to join 'Oprah's Master Class' (From Hitfix. 17 April 2014, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Oprah Won't Renew LiLo's 'Disaster' of a Show (From newser. 17 April 2014, 8:46 AM, PDT)