Director James Marsh, best known for his critically acclaimed documentaries Man on Wire and Project Nim, dabbles once more with fiction with Shadow Dancer, a tense and engaging thriller set against the backdrop of the Troubles in early nineties Belfast.
Andrea Riseborough plays Collette, a mother, daughter, sister and member of the Ira. After she is captured by MI5 during an unsuccessful London bombing attempt, Clive Owen’s bullish agent ‘Mac’ convinces her to act as an informant rather than go to prison and face separation from her son. The danger to Collette gradually increases as her precarious position becomes ever more untenable and Mac grows more and more conflicted over his actions as the narrative progresses.
Backing up the »
- Jack Kirby
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- The First Rule About Starring In A Star Wars Film Is You Don't Talk About Star Wars (From LRM Online. 28 April 2017, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword gets a huge batch of promo images (From Flickeringmyth. 28 April 2017, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Family Guy Kills Brian (Again) in Epic Game of Thrones Spoof — Watch (From TVLine.com. 28 April 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Ranking The 8 Actors Who’ve Played Batman (From We Got This Covered. 26 April 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Film Review: ‘The Trip to Spain’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 April 2017, 8:01 PM, PDT)
- Christian Bale has no interest in working with Marvel or playing another superhero (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2017, 11:27 AM, PDT)
Clive Owen (I)
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Pop! Vinyl figures revealed by Funko (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2017, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Road Pictures to produce Chinese version of 'Run Lola Run' (From ScreenDaily. 24 April 2017, 12:58 AM, PDT)
- Steven Soderbergh talks up his return to directing with Lucky Logan (From The Hollywood News. 24 April 2017, 12:39 AM, PDT)