For "Twilight" fans who have been mourning the end of the franchise since the last film's November release, there is an upcoming movie that can fill the void: "The Host," an adaptation of a sci-fi novel written by "Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer.
Described simply as "a love story set in the future," the movie follows the relationship between two of the last humans on Earth -- Melanie and Jared. Against her will, Melanie's body becomes the host for an alien known as Wanderer, and she must fight to resist the presence.
If the new poster is any indication, "The Host" will offer the same heart-wrenching love scenes that Meyer fans counted on in the "Twilight" films.
"The Host" hits theaters on March 29 -- take »
- Madeline Boardman
Similar News ItemsStephenie Meyer
- Michael Gracey Set to Direct Universal's 'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' Adaptation (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 December 2013, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Why the ‘Catching Fire’ Movie Is Better than Suzanne Collins’ Novel (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2013, 1:20 PM, PST)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – review | Mark Kermode (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 November 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Pre-Christmas clear-out in cinemas (From IF.com.au. 1 December 2013, 5:07 PM, PST)
- Camerimage Interview: How I Live Now Cinematographer Franz Lustig (From Comingsoon.net. 29 November 2013)
- Saoirse Ronan still isn't over Dumbledore dying and more fun facts -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 25 November 2013, 2:43 PM, PST)
- Almost Perfect: Rita Ora's Sexy Sparkler Is Ruined by the Shoes (From E! Online. 3 December 2013, 1:27 PM, PST)
- European Film Awards: Diane Kruger, Noomi Rapace to Walk Red Carpet (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 December 2013, 5:22 AM, PST)
- This Week's Can't-Miss Shots! (From Popsugar. 30 November 2013, 3:02 AM, PST)