Beijing — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt was banned from ever entering China because of his role in the 1997 "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" with Angelina Jolie was popular in China.
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury who now plays for China's professional basketball league is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers. »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Considering a Move into Politics, "If I Felt I Could Really Make A Difference, Yes." (From Us Weekly. 26 November 2014, 2:05 AM, PST)
- What Happened When The Phantom Menace's Trailer Was Shown In Theaters (From Cinema Blend. 25 November 2014, 4:47 PM, PST)
- The Funniest Moments From The Best 'Friends' Thanksgiving Episodes (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 November 2014, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2015 nominations: 10 early frontrunners for Best Picture (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- On that time 'Unbroken' star Jack O'Connell delivered a pizza... naked (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 26 November 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Latasha Marbury -- My Jeweler Jacked My Necklace and My Insurance Co. is Screwing Me (From TMZ. 14 February 2014, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Stephon Marbury Coughs Up $340k to Ex-Mistress -- Here's Your Damn Hush Money (From TMZ. 20 October 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Stephon Marbury -- NYC Condo Teetering on Brink of Foreclosure (From TMZ. 18 September 2013, 12:30 AM, PDT)