Beijing — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt was banned from ever entering China because of his role in the 1997 "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" with Angelina Jolie was popular in China.
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury who now plays for China's professional basketball league is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers. »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Britney Spears’ Christmas Throwback, Brad Pitt’s Birthday Wishes From Famous Ex: See The Week’s Best Celeb Twitpics Here! (From GossipCop. 21 December 2014, 3:46 PM, PST)
- The Apprentice: Will Bianca or Mark win? - Live blog as it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 December 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
- ‘Annie’s’ Sun Comes Out at Box Office Despite Sony’s Dark Days of Downloads, Harsh Reviews (From The Wrap. 21 December 2014, 11:31 AM, PST)
- Unbroken Review (From We Got This Covered. 21 December 2014, 9:26 PM, PST)
- Jack O’Connell Talks Unbroken, Angelina Jolie’s Directing Style, What The Last Year Has Been Like, Sundance, Yann Demange’s ’71, and More (From Collider.com. 21 December 2014, 9:02 PM, PST)
- ‘Hobbit’ Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl Bo Update (From Deadline New York. 21 December 2014, 5:20 PM, PST)
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Latasha Marbury -- My Jeweler Jacked My Necklace and My Insurance Co. is Screwing Me (From TMZ. 14 February 2014, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Stephon Marbury Coughs Up $340k to Ex-Mistress -- Here's Your Damn Hush Money (From TMZ. 20 October 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Stephon Marbury -- NYC Condo Teetering on Brink of Foreclosure (From TMZ. 18 September 2013, 12:30 AM, PDT)