Beijing — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt was banned from ever entering China because of his role in the 1997 "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" with Angelina Jolie was popular in China.
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury who now plays for China's professional basketball league is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers. »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Jared Leto coy on taking Joker role in DC Comics' Suicide Squad movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 November 2014, 4:53 PM, PST)
- "Gone Girl's" Rosamund Pike To Receive Major Palm Springs Film Fest Award! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 21 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 21 November 2014, 9:49 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Will Quit Acting to Focus on Directing (From Worst Previews. 22 November 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Angelina, Jennifer & More -- See This Week’s Best Dressed Stars! (From TooFab. 22 November 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Mike Nichols Remembered by Angelina Jolie and Bennett Miller During Emotional Conversation (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 November 2014, 3:09 PM, PST)
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Latasha Marbury -- My Jeweler Jacked My Necklace and My Insurance Co. is Screwing Me (From TMZ. 14 February 2014, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Stephon Marbury Coughs Up $340k to Ex-Mistress -- Here's Your Damn Hush Money (From TMZ. 20 October 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Stephon Marbury -- NYC Condo Teetering on Brink of Foreclosure (From TMZ. 18 September 2013, 12:30 AM, PDT)