Beijing — Brad Pitt is now on China's version of Twitter, and his mysterious first tweet has drawn thousands of comments.
The actor's verified Sina Weibo account sent the message Monday: "It is the truth. Yup, I'm coming." That was forwarded more than 31,000 times and netted over 14,000 comments, many expressing surprise. He gathered more than 100,000 followers.
The IMDb.com movie website says Pitt was banned from ever entering China because of his role in the 1997 "Seven Years in Tibet." The government was upset about the film's portrayal of harsh Chinese rule in Tibet. His later film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" with Angelina Jolie was popular in China.
Former NBA star Stephon Marbury who now plays for China's professional basketball league is prolific on Weibo and has over 779,000 followers. »
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Podcast: Race in Ridley Scott's 'Exodus', Celebrity Phones Hacked and Games (From Rope Of Silicon. 2 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese To Direct Casino Ad Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert DeNiro & Brad Pitt (From The Playlist. 2 September 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie First Wedding Photos Flood Internet on Labor Day (From The Wrap. 2 September 2014, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie's Versace Wedding Dress Covered in Kids' Drawings: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop? (From E! Online. 2 September 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Kiss for First Time as a Married Couple—See the Wedding Photo! (From E! Online. 2 September 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Gave a Touching Wedding Tribute to Angelina Jolie's Late Mother Marcheline Bertrand (From National Ledger. 2 September 2014, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Latasha Marbury -- My Jeweler Jacked My Necklace and My Insurance Co. is Screwing Me (From TMZ. 14 February 2014, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Stephon Marbury Coughs Up $340k to Ex-Mistress -- Here's Your Damn Hush Money (From TMZ. 20 October 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Stephon Marbury -- NYC Condo Teetering on Brink of Foreclosure (From TMZ. 18 September 2013, 12:30 AM, PDT)