Looking back at 2012 on what films moved and impressed us, it is clear that watching old films is a crucial part of making new films meaningful. Thus, the annual tradition of our end of year poll, which calls upon our writers to pick both a new and an old film: they were challenged to choose a new film they saw in 2012—in theaters or at a festival—and creatively pair it with an old film they also saw in 2012 to create a unique double feature.
All the contributors were asked to write a paragraph explaining their 2012 fantasy double feature. What's more, each writer was given the option to list more pairings, with or without explanation, as further imaginative film programming we'd be lucky to catch in that perfect world we know doesn't exist but can keep dreaming of every time we go to the movies.
How would you program some »
- Daniel Kasman
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Review: Don't Think Twice (From FilmExperience. 23 July 2016, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 – A Fan’s Verdict (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- #SDCC16: SNL’s Cecily Strong Joins Scream Queens as it Jumps Ahead 3 Years (From Dread Central. 23 July 2016, 1:06 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate shocks the horror world and reveals a finished 'Blair Witch' sequel at Comic-Con (From Hitfix. 23 July 2016, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino -- 'Kill Bill' Is Beneath Me (Photo) (From TMZ. 21 July 2016, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Harvey Weinstein Says ‘Lion’ “Could Get Nominated For Eight Or Nine Academy Awards” (From The Playlist. 21 July 2016, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Sausage Party 2 Already Planned Says Seth Rogen (From MovieWeb. 22 July 2016, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- New Sausage Party red band trailer and Q & A with Seth Rogen (From Cineplex. 22 July 2016, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sausage Party’: Seth Rogen’s ‘R-Rated Pixar Movie’ Devours Comic-Con (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2016, 11:03 AM, PDT)