Looking back at 2012 on what films moved and impressed us, it is clear that watching old films is a crucial part of making new films meaningful. Thus, the annual tradition of our end of year poll, which calls upon our writers to pick both a new and an old film: they were challenged to choose a new film they saw in 2012—in theaters or at a festival—and creatively pair it with an old film they also saw in 2012 to create a unique double feature.
All the contributors were asked to write a paragraph explaining their 2012 fantasy double feature. What's more, each writer was given the option to list more pairings, with or without explanation, as further imaginative film programming we'd be lucky to catch in that perfect world we know doesn't exist but can keep dreaming of every time we go to the movies.
How would you program some »
- Daniel Kasman
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Rewind: Billboard Music Awards Take Over (From BuzzSugar. 25 May 2013, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' (From Huffington Post. 24 May 2013, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- Top That! Tan Mom's New Music Video, a Justin Bieber Monkey Update, and More! (From Popsugar. 24 May 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
Quentin Tarantino (I)
- Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Net Courts Viewers From Dusk ’Til Dawn (From Variety - TV News. 23 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: ‘Salvo’ Wins Critics’ Week Grand Prize (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2013, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Infographic – Tarantino Unchained (From HeyUGuys. 23 May 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- Gargoyles, Gunplay, and Jonah Hill Possession in 3 New Videos from This is the End (From Beyond Hollywood. 24 May 2013, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- New Footage from This Is The End (From DailyDead. 23 May 2013, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Gore! Possession! Satan Himself! Yep, its Another Red Band Spot for This Is the End! (From Dread Central. 23 May 2013, 11:40 AM, PDT)