Growing up the trailer park kid of a single mother in the suburbs of Chicago, I never imagined that I'd have the kinds of the opportunities that my career in horror journalism has afforded me over the last five years.
I've been lucky enough to interview many of my heroes and visit some incredible sets and locations, all while being able to support the very genre I've loved dearly ever since I was a little kid. Getting to call what I do a "job" isn't something I've fully wrapped my mind around either, and I've been at it for a while now.
But there really was nothing that could quite prepare me for a call I received in June 2012- I was going to be heading to Auckland, New Zealand, to visit the set of the new Evil Dead along with a group of fellow journalists.
Pardon my French, »
Similar News ItemsSam Raimi
- New details on Ash vs Evil Dead; takes place in alternate universe & might include time travel (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2015, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- New Ash Vs. Evil Dead Photo Teases A Familiar Sight (From We Got This Covered. 23 April 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Cameras are rolling on Ash vs Evil Dead TV series in New Zealand (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 April 2015, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello Are Writing a New Batman Comic (From Vulture. 25 April 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Review, 'Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One' Details and More (From Movies.com. 24 April 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- 8 Reasons 'Suicide Squad's' Joker is actively offending me (From Hitfix. 24 April 2015, 7:19 PM, PDT)
- Meryl Streep Covers Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Lady Gaga in New Film (From Rolling Stone. 10 April 2015, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- SXSW 2015: Karyn Kusama Previews the Beautiful, Dark, Troubling The Invitation (From shocktillyoudrop. 10 March 2015, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Happy Birthday, Barbie: 5 Weird Barbie News Stories Right Now (From PEOPLE.com. 9 March 2015, 2:50 PM, PDT)