By Joey Magidson
I always enjoy looking at alternate versions of the Oscar race. It’s just an experiment, but there are still a number of interesting dynamics that I notice about the year in awards contenders when playing around with eligible films.
In years past, I’ve wondered what were the No. 11 films in the two years that Oscar had a guaranteed crop of 10 Best Picture nominees. I’ve also considered what the Oscars nods would have looked like if you removed every contender that was actually nominated. This time around, I’m trying something a little different.
With the Academy only days away from announcing their noms, I wanted to look at how the race would look if you took out any of the contenders that hit in the final part of the year. Essentially, if you disqualified the films that went into release after September, »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Iceland on film: a road trip around the 'Hollywood of the north' (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Johnny Depp goes digital in new Transcendence poster (From Flickeringmyth. 8 March 2014, 7:57 AM, PST)
- New Poster for Johnny Depp's Transcendence (From GeekTyrant. 7 March 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Halle Berry to launch TV production company (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 4:40 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Movie Cars of All Time (From HeyUGuys. 8 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Fifty Shades' producer not yet in sequel mode (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 10:41 PM, PST)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Meme: Matthew Lewis’ Erotic Bro Dancing, Scott Bakula Missed Out On Gay Saunas In NYC, Michael Sam Opens Rainbow Merchandise Store (From The Backlot. 8 March 2014, 8:20 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2014: Jennifer Lawrence's Bff Laura Simpson writes hilarious tell-all essay about her night (From Pop2it. 8 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Jared Leto Wonders if Jennifer Lawrence is Faking It with Oscars Trip and Fall Act (From National Ledger. 8 March 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)