Following the massive preoccupation with the Mayan Apocalypse, this week's The Simpsons accomplished a kind of currency that most of the new episodes never achieve.
In "Homer Goes to Prep School," Homer becomes convinced that the end of the world is just around the corner. I must admit that after the countless Facebook posts, news articles and History Channel apocalyptic-themed-marathons in the last month, I found Homer's doomsday obsession quite amusing.
But it wasn't a perfect episode; the tempo was a bit slow and there didn't seem to be enough to Homer's storyline to carry the whole half-hour.
Tom Waits was the most entertaining as the gravelly-voiced leader of the Springfield preppers. His distinctive vocal stylings added the right amount of mania and (apparent) credibility to the character. In his serendipitous meeting with a disenfranchised Homer, his paranoia was infectious and Homer immediately began preparing for the end.
In true Simpsons' fashion, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Teresa Lopez)
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- ‘Simpsons’ Pays Tribute to Marcia Wallace's Mrs. Krabappel in Her Final Voice Appearance (Video) (From The Wrap. 10 March 2014, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Simpsons’ Remembers Marcia Wallace in Edna Krabappel’s Final Episode (Video) (From Variety - TV News. 10 March 2014, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Inside Stacy Keibler's Surprise Wedding (From Popsugar. 10 March 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
History Channel [us]
- Box Office: ‘Noah’ On Course for $35 Million-Plus Opening (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office This Weekend (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 9 March 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- '300' Flexes Its Muscles with $17.7 Million on Friday (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 8 March 2014, 9:11 AM, PST)
- The Walking Dead season 4 episode 12 review: Still (From Den of Geek. 2 March 2014, 11:07 PM, PST)
- Jim Jarmusch: a maverick true to his roots (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 February 2014, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa - Live In Amsterdam Blu-ray/DVD/CD Concert Sets to be Released March 25th (From The Daily BLAM!. 19 February 2014)