"The Biggest Loser" welcomes kids for the first time ever this season (premieres Sunday, January 6 at 9 p.m. Est on NBC), but they weren't subject to everything adults have gone through for 13 seasons.
At the 2013 Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour on Sunday, longtime coach Bob Harper and returning coach Jillian Michaels talked about the upcoming fourteenth season of "The Biggest Loser" and cleared up speculation about the 13- to 16-year-old kids who are involved.
Harper said the kids will not get on a scale or be eliminated. "With the kids, we wanted to do exactly the opposite of when we work with the adults," tough-loving coach Harper said. "We do no breaking down, just lifting up ... It's about getting kids to move around again and getting kids to be kids."
He added that they'll be doing things like rowing, cheerleading and obstacle courses.
Tune in to meet the kid »
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News ItemsJillian Michaels (II)
- Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser Trainer Quits Because of Rachel Frederickson Controversy? (From National Ledger. 9 April 2014, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Jillian Michaels Wants to Quit Biggest Loser: "She's Sick of Being Painted as the Bad Guy" (From Us Weekly. 8 April 2014, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- Jillian Michaels May Exit The Biggest Loser After Weight-Loss Controversy (From E! Online. 8 April 2014, 8:50 AM, PDT)
Bob Harper (II)
- Alison Sweeney Talks The Biggest Loser's Rachel Frederickson's Shocking Weight Loss: "We Do the Best We Can" (From E! Online. 19 March 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Jillian Michaels Admits '.Biggest Loser'. Winner Rachel Frederickson Lost '.Too Much Weight' (From Uinterview. 28 February 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Jillian Michaels Finally Breaks Silence on Biggest Loser Controversy: Rachel Frederickson "Lost Too Much Weight" (From E! Online. 28 February 2014, 11:55 AM, PST)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- Michelle Obama Will Guest-Star on Nashville (From PEOPLE.com. 21 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/19/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Biggest Loser' Creator to Bring New Wrestling Venture to TV (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 April 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)