"The Biggest Loser" welcomes kids for the first time ever this season (premieres Sunday, January 6 at 9 p.m. Est on NBC), but they weren't subject to everything adults have gone through for 13 seasons.
At the 2013 Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour on Sunday, longtime coach Bob Harper and returning coach Jillian Michaels talked about the upcoming fourteenth season of "The Biggest Loser" and cleared up speculation about the 13- to 16-year-old kids who are involved.
Harper said the kids will not get on a scale or be eliminated. "With the kids, we wanted to do exactly the opposite of when we work with the adults," tough-loving coach Harper said. "We do no breaking down, just lifting up ... It's about getting kids to move around again and getting kids to be kids."
He added that they'll be doing things like rowing, cheerleading and obstacle courses.
Tune in to meet the kid »
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News ItemsJillian Michaels (II)
- Jillian Michaels Thinks Biggest Loser Winner Rachel Lost Too Much Weight (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 1 March 2014, 3:36 PM, PST)
- 'The Biggest Loser': Jillian Michaels admits Rachel Frederickson 'lost too much weight' (From Pop2it. 28 February 2014, 5:15 PM, PST)
- Jillian Michaels: Biggest Loser Winner Rachel Frederickson "Lost Too Much Weight" (From Us Weekly. 28 February 2014, 7:31 AM, PST)
Bob Harper (II)
- Jillian Michaels Finally Breaks Silence on Biggest Loser Controversy: Rachel Frederickson "Lost Too Much Weight" (From E! Online. 28 February 2014, 11:55 AM, PST)
- Biggest Loser Winner Rachel Frederickson Looks Healthier on Today Show: "Post-Finale, I'm at the Healthiest, Most Alive I've Ever Felt" (From Us Weekly. 26 February 2014, 3:23 AM, PST)
- Inside People's Interview with Biggest Loser Rachel Frederickson (From PEOPLE.com. 14 February 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/10/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Mark & Mallory talk 'Amazing Race: All-Stars' (From Hitfix. 8 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Jillian Michaels Admits '.Biggest Loser'. Winner Rachel Frederickson Lost '.Too Much Weight' (From Uinterview. 28 February 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)