The Impossible is a powerful story based on one family’s survival of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, which stars Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and is directed by J.A Bayona (The Orphanage). The films two stars sat down with film correspondent James Kleinmann to discuss what drew them to the movie.
Maria (Watts), Henry (McGregor) and their three sons begin their winter vacation in Thailand, looking forward to a few days in tropical paradise. But on the morning of December 26th, as the family relaxes around the pool after their Christmas festivities the night before, a terrifying roar rises up from the center of the earth. As Maria freezes in fear, a huge wall of black water races across the hotel grounds toward her.
Based on a true story, The Impossible is the unforgettable account of a family caught, with tens of thousands of strangers, in the mayhem of »
Similar News ItemsNaomi Watts
- Birdman starring Michael Keaton to open Venice Film Festival (From Cineplex. 10 July 2014, 3:25 PM, PDT)
- Birdman, Starring Michael Keaton and Edward Norton, to Open the Venice Film Festival; Early Awards Contender (From Collider.com. 10 July 2014, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- 'Birdman' to Serve as 2014 Venice Film Festival Opening Night Film (From Rope Of Silicon. 10 July 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Don Cheadle’s Miles Davis Movie Tops $325,000 Crowdfunding Goal (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- First Photo of Don Cheadle as Miles Davis (From GeekTyrant. 9 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- First look at Don Cheadle as Miles Davis (From Cineplex. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
The Impossible (2012)
- Reese Witherspoon Walks 1,100 Miles For An Oscar In Trailer For Wild (From We Got This Covered. 10 July 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- First look at Don Cheadle as Miles Davis in Miles Ahead (From Flickeringmyth. 7 July 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- what’s on Netflix UK, Amazon UK Instant Video, blinkbox, BBC iPlayer, Curzon on Demand (from Jun 30) (From FlickFilosopher. 30 June 2014, 12:36 PM, PDT)