When the Houston Film Critics' Society announced their nominees for their annual awards last December, "Lincoln" led the pack with eight nominations.
But when the winners were announced this weekend, Ben Affleck's "Argo" emerged as the big winner! "Lincoln" took home the Best Actor (Daniel Day-Lewis), Best Supporting Actor (Tommy Lee Jones), and Best Screenplay prizes (Tony Kushner).
Here's the full list of winners of the Houston Film Critics Society Awards. For winners/nominees of other award-giving bodies this season, click here:
Steven Spielberg, "Lincoln"
Tom Hooper, "Les Miserables"
*** Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"
Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Q&A: James Wan, director of The Conjuring (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 1:18 AM, PST)
- Disney reaches deal with Paramount for Indiana Jones rights, clears the way for future movies (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 1:17 AM, PST)
- What the Future of Indiana Jones Could Look Like at Disney (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2013, 5:30 PM, PST)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- ‘Frozen’ Skates Past ‘Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ at Box Office (From The Wrap. 8 December 2013, 8:01 AM, PST)
- Catherine Deneuve accepts lifetime achievement award with cool aplomb (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 December 2013, 7:06 AM, PST)
- PopWatch Planner: 'Arrow', 'Scandal' mid-season finales, 'American Hustle' in theaters, more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Beyonce Knowles and Jay Z Go Vegan for Christmas (From National Ledger. 7 December 2013, 12:43 PM, PST)
- Von Trapps Wanted Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music' (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 December 2013, 9:21 AM, PST)
- The Braddies 2013: Peter Bradshaw nominates his films of the year (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 8:46 AM, PST)