It's less than 4 days until we're drowning in it! I was called to task a bit for the tsunami image from The Impossible that greeted my first "days until" Oscar nominations post a week ago. I understand the charge of insensitivity and I'll admit it was a weird judgment call. But I have been feeling not just metaphorically deluged. There is so much literal fear or water / drowning on screens this film season. Have any of you noticed? It didn't hit me at first since it's not a particularly visceral fear for me... I've always loved the water.
Let's recount each dive in this year...
Beasts of the Southern Wild -for Hushpuppy drowning is the end of the world, hurricanes as apocalypse. Those shots of drowned animals and her thoughts about them having no daddies? »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Movie Review – Doctor Zhivago (1965) (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Retro 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Posters Revisit 1977 (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2015, 1:38 PM, PST)
- 10 Movies Which Were Completely Changed After Test Screenings (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 5:22 AM, PST)
- The Knick, Ep. 2.07, “Williams and Walker” (From SoundOnSight. 28 November 2015, 3:13 PM, PST)
- ‘The Knick': Andre Holland on Season 2, Algernon, Steven Soderbergh, and More (From Collider.com. 27 November 2015, 3:01 PM, PST)
- Oscar flashback: Benicio Del Toro ('Traffic') wins at SAG in lead but in supporting at Academy Awards (From Gold Derby. 27 November 2015, 2:40 PM, PST)
- A first crack at SAG predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 November 2015, 1:28 PM, PST)
- Jose Gives Thanks (From FilmExperience. 26 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- New trailer for The Little Prince (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)