Michael J. Fox is returns to TV on NBC this fall and it's going to be "incredible," according to Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment.
At the 2013 Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, Salke discussed Fox's new show, which will follow a newscaster who is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, which Fox has publicly battled at well.
"It's an incredible show. Michael came in and pitched us the show and it was basically completely inspired by his life as a husband and father and family man who's grappling with his disease," Salke said of the show, which will go straight to series and is set to premiere in the fall of 2013.
The pilot kicks off with "him coming back into the seat at the news with a special interest story and a lot of fun guest casting and the family rallying around him, Salke explained. "He approaches his life and his »
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News Items"The Good Wife" (2009)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 1/30/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 January 2015, 1:34 PM, PST)
- When The Good Wife Finally Returns, There Will Be Some New Faces (From E! Online. 30 January 2015, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Rachael Taylor Joins Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones As Trish Walker (From TVovermind.com. 29 January 2015, 11:13 PM, PST)
"Cougar Town" (2009)
- The Week in Horror: 'Friday the 13th' reboot gets a push, 'The Crow' loses another star (From Hitfix. 30 January 2015, 7:36 PM, PST)
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS (From TVLine.com. 30 January 2015, 7:26 PM, PST)
- CBS places pilot order for Rush Hour TV series, along with Joe Time and Super Clyde (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 4:36 AM, PST)
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" (1999)
- ‘Blunt Talk': First Look At Patrick Stewart In Starz’s Scripted Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 28 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Horror Round-Up: Tremors 5 Photos, Xx Horror Anthology Poster, Zombie Strike Doominator Nerf Gun (From DailyDead. 26 January 2015, 8:50 AM, PST)
- The 2015 Screen Actors' Guild Awards – as it happened (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 January 2015, 7:09 PM, PST)