Michael J. Fox is returns to TV on NBC this fall and it's going to be "incredible," according to Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment.
At the 2013 Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, Salke discussed Fox's new show, which will follow a newscaster who is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, which Fox has publicly battled at well.
"It's an incredible show. Michael came in and pitched us the show and it was basically completely inspired by his life as a husband and father and family man who's grappling with his disease," Salke said of the show, which will go straight to series and is set to premiere in the fall of 2013.
The pilot kicks off with "him coming back into the seat at the news with a special interest story and a lot of fun guest casting and the family rallying around him, Salke explained. "He approaches his life and his »
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News Items"The Good Wife" (2009)
- ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Trailer Sends Mike Colter in Search of Dangerous Artifact (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 July 2014, 9:26 PM, PDT)
- ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Trailer: Bridging the Halo Games With a Digital Series (From Slash Film. 24 July 2014, 7:50 PM, PDT)
- I Origins – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 July 2014, 7:40 PM, PDT)
"Cougar Town" (2009)
- Through a Timeline Darkly: Pop Culture and Community (From HeyUGuys. 21 July 2014, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Fox’s ‘Enlisted’ in Talks for Second Season at Yahoo (From Variety - TV News. 14 July 2014, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Wish I Was Here Review (From We Got This Covered. 13 July 2014, 11:24 PM, PDT)
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" (1999)
- Andy Samberg and Kit Harington will star in HBO tennis mockumentary (From EW.com - Inside TV. 24 July 2014, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Summer sitcom rewind: 'Seinfeld' - 'The Red Dot' (From Hitfix. 23 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Lucy Lawless joins Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (From Den of Geek. 22 July 2014, 12:30 AM, PDT)