Despite bad reviews, "Texas Chainsaw 3D" over performed in the first U.S. weekend box-office results of 2013. The only new wide release this past Friday, the film took the top spot with $23 million in three days.
Considering the film was made on a budget of under $20 million, it comes as no shock that there's already sequel talk. In fact, Bloody Disgusting hears the producers acquired the rights to make up to six further films after this, and 'Chainsaw 3D' is just the start of an entirely new franchise at Lionsgate.
'Texas' came in just ahead of Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" which held well in its second week and now sits at a very nice $106 million gross so far. It will easily surpass "Inglorious Basterds" as Qt's most successful film. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Kenneth Branagh Shot ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ With the Last Four 65mm Cameras in the World (From Indiewire. 25 July 2017, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- 9 Films New to Netflix to Watch in August 2017, Including ‘The Matrix’ Trilogy and ‘Jackie Brown’ (From Indiewire. 24 July 2017, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan: from superheroes to Dunkirk’s small tales of heroism | the Observer profile (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 July 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- First trailer for Locarno premiere 'Iceman' (From ScreenDaily. 25 July 2017, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ and the 70mm Experience: Why The Unlikely Comeback of the Big-Screen Format Has Hollywood’s Attention (From Indiewire. 20 July 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Quentin Tarantino’s Manson Murders Project Would Be a Radical Change of Pace (From Indiewire. 12 July 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
- Creepy Jigsaw Stills Tease Danger At Every Corner (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Rene Perez unleashes ‘Playing with Dolls: Havoc’ on VOD (From Blogomatic3000. 21 July 2017, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Jigsaw’ Returns to Take Back Halloween in Terrifying Trailer for ‘Saw’ Sequel (Video) (From The Wrap. 20 July 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)