Despite bad reviews, "Texas Chainsaw 3D" over performed in the first U.S. weekend box-office results of 2013. The only new wide release this past Friday, the film took the top spot with $23 million in three days.
Considering the film was made on a budget of under $20 million, it comes as no shock that there's already sequel talk. In fact, Bloody Disgusting hears the producers acquired the rights to make up to six further films after this, and 'Chainsaw 3D' is just the start of an entirely new franchise at Lionsgate.
'Texas' came in just ahead of Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" which held well in its second week and now sits at a very nice $106 million gross so far. It will easily surpass "Inglorious Basterds" as Qt's most successful film. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- ‘Crime Wave’ is an under-appreciated gem (From SoundOnSight. 1 April 2015, 7:58 PM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: David Duchovny's Big 'X-Files' Cast News, Cute Puppies Predict Ncaa Champions (Video) (From Moviefone. 1 April 2015, 12:07 AM, PDT)
- Cool Stuff: Max Dalton’s Unique Pop Culture Art Comes to San Francisco (From Slash Film. 31 March 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Watch: Tarantino Profiles to the Beat of 'Whiplash' (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 March 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Three more stills from Spectre featuring Daniel Craig, Christoph Waltz and Monica Bellucci (From Flickeringmyth. 29 March 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- New images from Spectre show 007 in action in Mexico City (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2015, 10:59 AM, PDT)
Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
- The 18 Scariest Horror Movie Opening Scenes, Ranked (From Hitfix. 1 April 2015, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- Stephen Dorff cast as lead in Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel Leatherface (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 April 2015, 4:35 AM, PDT)
- Get the Gory Details on the Horror Prequel 'Leatherface' (From Moviefone. 1 April 2015, 3:55 AM, PDT)