Despite bad reviews, "Texas Chainsaw 3D" over performed in the first U.S. weekend box-office results of 2013. The only new wide release this past Friday, the film took the top spot with $23 million in three days.
Considering the film was made on a budget of under $20 million, it comes as no shock that there's already sequel talk. In fact, Bloody Disgusting hears the producers acquired the rights to make up to six further films after this, and 'Chainsaw 3D' is just the start of an entirely new franchise at Lionsgate.
'Texas' came in just ahead of Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" which held well in its second week and now sits at a very nice $106 million gross so far. It will easily surpass "Inglorious Basterds" as Qt's most successful film. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Interview: Kristyn Jo Benedyk, Matt Irvine of DePaul University (From HollywoodChicago.com. 3 March 2015, 3:42 PM, PST)
- Robert Rodriguez's New 'Director's Chair' Discussion with Coppola (From FirstShowing.net. 3 March 2015, 10:51 AM, PST)
- Horror Round-Up: Tom Savini’s Nightmare City Remake, Horror Icon: Inside Michael’s Mask with Tony Moran, Fox Casts Lead Role for Frankenstein Pilot (From DailyDead. 3 March 2015, 8:39 AM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Will Have 24 Personalities In 'The Crowded Room' (From The Playlist. 2 March 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio developing Robin Hood: Origins (From Den of Geek. 26 February 2015, 11:13 PM, PST)
- First look at Dave Bautista and Lea Seydoux in Spectre, plus new behind-the-scenes featurette (From Flickeringmyth. 26 February 2015, 11:37 AM, PST)
Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
- How horror franchises redefine themselves over time (From Den of Geek. 28 February 2015, 7:44 AM, PST)
- Horror Blu-ray Round-Up: From a Whisper to a Scream, War-Gods of the Deep, Satan’s Blade (From DailyDead. 26 February 2015, 12:52 PM, PST)
- The Great Comic Relief Bake Off: The 14 funniest moments tonight (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 February 2015, 1:01 PM, PST)