In a reminder that you should never count out a maniac wielding a chainsaw, "Texas Chainsaw 3D" overturned the applecart at the box office this weekend, topping the charts with an estimated $23 million according to Film.com.
That meant that returning hits "Django Unchained" ($20.1 million), "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" ($17.5 million) and "Les Misérables" ($16.1 million) were all bumped down a spot. "Texas Chainsaw's" reign looks to be short lived, though, with "Gangster Squad" and "Zero Dark Thirty" both scheduled to go nationwide next weekend.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- Interstellar becomes fourth movie to earn $100 million from IMAX (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2014, 7:39 AM, PST)
- The 6 Biggest Celebrity Weddings of 2014: Kimye, Brangelina & More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 December 2014, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Chris Hemsworth "Had No Empathy" for Liam's Bad Relationships -- Is He Dissing Miley?! (From TooFab. 15 December 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Christoph Waltz says his Bond character is not head of Spectre (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2014, 4:49 AM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino Interested in Django Unchained and Zorro Crossover Film (From Worst Previews. 16 December 2014, 3:27 AM, PST)
- Django Unchained/Zorro Crossover In The Works At Sony (From We Got This Covered. 15 December 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Sony Cancels 'Interview' New York Premiere Amid Terror Threats (From Rolling Stone. 17 December 2014, 9:03 AM, PST)
- Is the Clock Ticking on Amy Pascal? (From Variety - Film News. 16 December 2014, 10:45 AM, PST)
- The ‘24’ Effect: How ‘Liberal Hollywood’ Carried Water For Torture (From Variety - TV News. 14 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)