Currently playing in theaters is the cinematic take on the classic stage musical, Les Misérables, based on the novel by Victor Hugo. The film is directed by Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech) and stars Hugh Jackman (The Prestige, X-Men), Anne Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises, Rachel Getting Married), Russell Crowe (A Beautiful Mind, L.A. Confidential), Amanda Seyfried (Alpha Dog, Mamma Mia!), Eddie Redmayne (My Week With Marilyn), and from the stage musical, Samatha Barks.
I recently had the chance to attend the press conference for Les Misérables at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City where I was able to speak with Tom Hooper, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, and Samantha Banks about their new film.
Jackman was asked about his dramatic weight loss and physical transformation for the role of Jean Valjean. “It’s a very big part of the story, this relationship »
- Dana Gardner
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Tilda Swinton in talks to play the Ancient One in Marvel’s Doctor Strange (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2015, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Composer Tom Holkenborg Launching “Studio Time with Junkie Xl” On May 26 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 May 2015, 8:23 AM, PDT)
- Mad Max: Fury Road gets the Mario Kart treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, and Benicio del Toro on Denis Villeneuve's Sicario (From Cineplex. 27 May 2015, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘Me and Earl’ Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon on Taking Cues From Hollywood’s Greats (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Cinematographer Roger Deakins Joins Blade Runner Sequel (From DailyDead. 27 May 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Marlon Wayans’ ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Rendition of ‘Happy’ Scares Off LL Cool J, Queen Latifah (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 May 2015, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Colin Firth Is ‘Already Set’ to Star in My Fair Lady on Broadway (From Vulture. 27 May 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Queen Latifah's Lip Sync Battle Is Just One Big '80s Dance Party (From Popsugar. 27 May 2015, 6:51 AM, PDT)