Currently playing in theaters is the cinematic take on the classic stage musical, Les Misérables, based on the novel by Victor Hugo. The film is directed by Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech) and stars Hugh Jackman (The Prestige, X-Men), Anne Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises, Rachel Getting Married), Russell Crowe (A Beautiful Mind, L.A. Confidential), Amanda Seyfried (Alpha Dog, Mamma Mia!), Eddie Redmayne (My Week With Marilyn), and from the stage musical, Samatha Barks.
I recently had the chance to attend the press conference for Les Misérables at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York City where I was able to speak with Tom Hooper, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, and Samantha Banks about their new film.
Jackman was asked about his dramatic weight loss and physical transformation for the role of Jean Valjean. “It’s a very big part of the story, this relationship »
- Dana Gardner
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- I'll link you again in 25 years... (From FilmExperience. 21 May 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Recasting Hugh Jackman's Wolverine May Not Happen for a While (From MovieWeb. 21 May 2017, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman reveals his two regrets from his time as Wolverine (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Tom Hardy's casting as Venom is a masterstroke for Sony's superhero universe (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 May 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hardy's casting as Venom is a masterstroke for Sony's superhero universe (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 May 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hardy to play Venom in new Sony “Marvel universe” film; Zombieland’s Ruben Fleischer to direct (From HeyUGuys. 22 May 2017, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- ‘Wakefield’ and ‘Abacus’ Lead Openers, But ‘Paris Can Wait’ Rules (From Indiewire. 21 May 2017, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Colossal review – a demon drink problem played for laughs (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 May 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Harry Styles, James Corden Recreate Classic Rom-Coms for Carpool Karaoke (From TVLine.com. 19 May 2017, 6:48 AM, PDT)