Review by Jason Lees, MoreHorror.com
I love the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. For me, Tobe Hooper's film walks on water and changed the face of not only horror, but of cinema. Before Leatherface, movies weren't meant to be felt as real. They weren't meant to unnerve. They were escapism and fun. Sure, there are exceptions, but the original power tool masterpiece was the perfect film when it came to reinventing onscreen terror. Yes, Psycho and Night Of The Living Dead and several works of art from Europe pre-date our Texas fave, but nothing so graphically inelegant.
Like I said, I Love the original. It's my favorite all time movie. My favorite onscreen killer. My favorite tattoo. Anything done to mar that love should be burned and ridiculed and anyone trying to top it should be burned at the stake. Or at least mocked online.
Then why, oh why, »
Similar News ItemsTobe Hooper
- International Star You Should Know: Aiysha Hart (From Variety - TV News. 18 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Trailer For Ouija Announces Its Presence (From EmpireOnline. 16 July 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- 15 Fun Facts About E.T.: The Extra-terrestrial (From GeekTyrant. 14 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
- Fantasia Film Festival 2014: Edgar’s most anticipated movies (From SoundOnSight. 14 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- First Teaser for Tiffany Heath's Spavine (From Dread Central. 11 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Interview: Simon Merrells on Judas Ghost (From HeyUGuys. 10 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Performance capture, Serkis, movies, videogames and Apes (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Hudson Horror Show IX Hits Poughkeepsie, NY, on August 9 (From Dread Central. 15 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Joseph O'Brien Talks Walking the Devil's Mile (From Dread Central. 14 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)