In a new article, EW reports that the cast and crew of Dallas are continuing on, despite the loss of Larry Hagman and his scoundrel alter-ego, Jr Ewing.
They had completed five episodes of season two and were midway through the sixth when Hagman died unexpectedly. A Jr scene that had been cut from an earlier installment will be inserted into the sixth episode.
Executive producer Cynthia Cidre was tasked with adapting and changing the direction of upcoming scripts. She hand-wrote the seventh episode and kept her composure until she started typing it. The tears started to flow until she couldn't see the computer monitor any longer.
The eighth episode of season two will air on March 11th and will pay tribute to Hagman with a special funeral for Jr Ewing. There will be plenty of familiar faces from the original »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Daily Dead’s 2016 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day 11 – Waxwork Records, FiveFingerTees, Star Wars Books, Hero Complex Gallery & More! (From DailyDead. 8 December 2016, 5:57 PM, PST)
- Review: "The Hired Hand" (1971) Starring Peter Fonda And Warren Oates; UK Dual Format Release From Arrow Films (From CinemaRetro. 4 December 2016, 8:24 PM, PST)
- September 20th Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Beware! The Blob, Labyrinth 30th Anniversary Edition (From DailyDead. 19 September 2016, 6:08 PM, PDT)
- ABC Cuts Don Johnson’s ‘Blood & Oil’ to 10 Episodes (From Variety - TV News. 23 October 2015, 4:21 PM, PDT)
- New Season Scramble: TV Networks Ax Shows, Producers in Series of 11th Hour Fall Fixes (From The Wrap. 2 September 2015, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- Showrunner Shuffle: Last Minute Departures Explained by Booming TV Biz (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)