In a new article, EW reports that the cast and crew of Dallas are continuing on, despite the loss of Larry Hagman and his scoundrel alter-ego, Jr Ewing.
They had completed five episodes of season two and were midway through the sixth when Hagman died unexpectedly. A Jr scene that had been cut from an earlier installment will be inserted into the sixth episode.
Executive producer Cynthia Cidre was tasked with adapting and changing the direction of upcoming scripts. She hand-wrote the seventh episode and kept her composure until she started typing it. The tears started to flow until she couldn't see the computer monitor any longer.
The eighth episode of season two will air on March 11th and will pay tribute to Hagman with a special funeral for Jr Ewing. There will be plenty of familiar faces from the original »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- 'Dallas' Star Larry Hagman -- R.I.P. ... But Only After You Pay Up (From TMZ. 21 December 2014, 12:15 AM, PST)
- Why Is Peter a Girl? An Oral History of ‘Peter Pan’ the Musical (From VH1.com. 2 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- MovieWeb's 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2014, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Dallas: TNT Show Staying Cancelled (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 November 2014, 2:53 PM, PST)
- Dallas EPs: Attempt to Find Cancelled Show a New Home 'Did Not Work Out' (From TVLine.com. 19 November 2014, 9:21 AM, PST)
- 'Dallas' Canceled By TNT After 3 Seasons (From Uinterview. 5 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)