In a new article, EW reports that the cast and crew of Dallas are continuing on, despite the loss of Larry Hagman and his scoundrel alter-ego, Jr Ewing.
They had completed five episodes of season two and were midway through the sixth when Hagman died unexpectedly. A Jr scene that had been cut from an earlier installment will be inserted into the sixth episode.
Executive producer Cynthia Cidre was tasked with adapting and changing the direction of upcoming scripts. She hand-wrote the seventh episode and kept her composure until she started typing it. The tears started to flow until she couldn't see the computer monitor any longer.
The eighth episode of season two will air on March 11th and will pay tribute to Hagman with a special funeral for Jr Ewing. There will be plenty of familiar faces from the original »
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Blood & Oil Baron Don Johnson Deflects Dallas/J.R. Ewing Comparisons (From TVLine.com. 5 August 2015, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ and ‘Love Boat’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - TV News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- New Season Scramble: TV Networks Ax Shows, Producers in Series of 11th Hour Fall Fixes (From The Wrap. 2 September 2015, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- Showrunner Shuffle: Last Minute Departures Explained by Booming TV Biz (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Grinder’ Showrunner Greg Malins Exits Rob Lowe Sitcom Over Creative Differences (From Variety - TV News. 24 August 2015, 7:19 PM, PDT)