Despite doomsday being predicted for 21 December 2012, we're still here and ready for 2013. What does the new year hold and what key data will you need?
• More data journalism and data visualisations from the Guardian
What does 2013 have in store for us? Of course the year ahead will bring unexpected suprises and breaking news but some events are easier to mark in the calender, as we already have done here at the Guardian. Take a look below for just some of the events, announcements and anniversaries to look out for in 2013 and the key data sets you'll need.
January - rail fares rise by an average of 4.3%
Going back to work after the holidays can be tough but with the above inflation rail and tube fare increases which came into effect on the 2 January it just got that little bit worse for tens of thousands of commuters.
The cost of an »
- Simon Rogers, Ami Sedghi, Mona Chalabi
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- 'Goonies' Sequel -- Steven Spielberg's Brainchild ... Says Richard Donner (From TMZ. 19 April 2014, 12:58 AM, PDT)
- The Linkae (From FilmExperience. 18 April 2014, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- News Bites: First 'Jersey Boys' Trailer; 'Maleficent' Sneak Peek and More (From Fandango. 18 April 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Why Ray Winstone Is Perfect for That 'Point Break' Remake (Clips) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 April 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- La film fest announces Lisa Cholodenko as Guest Director and special award for Spc honchos (From Hitfix. 8 April 2014, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Cholodenko named Laff guest director (From ScreenDaily. 8 April 2014, 1:07 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier crosses $500 million at the global box office (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2014, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- Megan Ellison's Company Has a TV Show in the Works About Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich (From Vulture. 16 April 2014, 9:54 PM, PDT)
- TV Show About Greta Garbo And Marlene Dietrich Planned (From EmpireOnline. 16 April 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)