Congratulations on "This is 40." It's good. I laughed quite a bit, at many parts. Your daughters are competent actresses. Your wife is exceptional. It seems to be moderately successful at the box office. Overall, job well done.
(Throat clear) That said, it's still way, way, way too long. Way too long. And here's the frustrating thing: You know it! Why else would you have the title be something so easily made into a joke about the length of the movie by hack film critics? It really, actually is 40 minutes too long. And yet you insist on keeping all of your movies at a robust two-plus hours, as if Gronk-spiking the viewer's patience in his face.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a sub-120 minute comedy. "Anchorman" is 94 minutes. The heavier "School of Rock" is 104 minutes. Even your "40 Year-Old Virgin" clocked in at under two hours. The fact is, it's »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsNicki Minaj
- Cardi B Releases Chart-Topping ‘Bodak Yellow’ in Spanish (From PEOPLE.com. 18 August 2017, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- Rapper Meek Mill Arrested After Crazy Stunt On Dirt Bike, Lawyer Claims He Was Targeted For Being A Celebrity (From ET Canada. 18 August 2017, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Cardi B Is the Undisputed Artist of the Summer (From Vulture. 18 August 2017, 9:17 AM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- 31 underrated movies well worth a look (From Den of Geek. 15 August 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green Step Out For Lunch in Malibu (From PEOPLE.com. 9 August 2017, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Megan Fox Attacked For Son Wearing Dress (From ET Canada. 6 August 2017, 7:41 PM, PDT)
"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- How Much Rachel Bloom Really Makes as the Star of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (From PEOPLE.com. 16 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- How I Met Your Mother Spinoff is Back in Development (From TVovermind.com. 15 August 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- How I Met Your Mother Spinoff Recruits You’re The Worst Writer (From Screen Rant. 12 August 2017, 8:33 AM, PDT)