Tags: GLEEThe SimpsonsLost GirlPretty Little LiarsEllen DeGeneresKate McKinnonFortune FeimsterSara GilbertThe FostersRachel MaddowBatwomanGo OnArrested DevelopmentSkinsNurse JackieSally KohnTrue BloodBomb GirlsCriminal MindsArmy WivesIMDb
2012 was such a remarkable year for lesbian and bisexual women that we're already psyched on 2013. Here are 50 reasons why.
1. Gay weddings
Photo: David Ryder/Getty
With marriage equality becoming a reality in more and more states by the minute, it's going to be a good year for the men-loving-men and women-loving-women who have been waiting to say "I do." Some of them for their whole lives.
2. Homophobia isn't profitable anymore
Photo: Kenzo Tribouillard/Getty
This fact was learned the hard way by Boy Scouts of America when they lost funding from both the federal government and big businesses because they refused to accept gay scouts and leaders.
3. Kyrsten Sinema
Photo: Bill Clark/Getty
The Arizona Democrat was the first openly bisexual woman to be elected to Congress. She will begin her first term this year. »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- How Chris Pratt, Gina Rodriguez, Nick Jonas & 7 Other Celebs Are Celebrating the Holidays (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 2:52 PM, PST)
- Idina Menzel Praises Lea Michele's 'Let It Go' Cover (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 11:14 AM, PST)
- 79 Oscar-Eligible Songs: An Opinionated Guide to an Awesome Year for Movie Music (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 12:42 PM, PST)
Barack Obama (I)
- The Most Compelling Pictures of 2014 (From Popsugar. 25 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Chad Johnson -- Firing Up Cuban Cigars ... Even If They're Not Exactly Legal Yet (From TMZ. 25 December 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)
- Why I Forced My Parents to Watch ‘The Interview’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 December 2014, 9:21 PM, PST)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- The Nostalgia Files: ‘Scrooged’ (1988) (From SoundOnSight. 24 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams Says She’s ‘Frustrated’ by ‘Today’s’ Last-Minute Interview Cancellation (From The Wrap. 24 December 2014, 12:35 PM, PST)
- One Direction's Niall Horan Romps in His Undies for Christmas (From PEOPLE.com. 24 December 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)