Time Warner Cable has terminated their agreement with CurrentTV following its sale to Al Jazeera.
The company said in a statement provided to EW that they will no longer be carrying the service and “are removing the service as quickly as possible.”
According to reports, the removal of the network from the TWC system began last night, shortly after news of the sale to the controversial network became public. Removal began in the New York area, and elimination from all markets is reportedly near completion.
Some have speculated that the move was political — as Al Jazeera has drawn both commendation »
- Sandra Gonzalez
Similar News ItemsTime Warner Cable
- Iggy Azalea, Sam Smith to Headline MTV Video Music Awards Benefit Concert (From The Wrap. 14 August 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- FCC to Consider Whether to Expand Political Ad Disclosure Rules (From Variety - TV News. 7 August 2014, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- FCC Sets Timeline for Review of At&T-DirecTV Merger (From Variety - TV News. 7 August 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
Current TV [us]
- TV Land Is ‘Throwing Shade’ At Unpaid Maternity Leave – Watch (From Indiewire. 8 March 2017, 1:54 PM, PST)
- TV Land Is ‘Throwing Shade’ At Unpaid Maternity Leave – Watch (From Indiewire Television. 8 March 2017, 1:54 PM, PST)
- ‘The Americans’ Premiere Review: With Two Full Seasons Left, The Jennings Might Already Be Doomed (From Indiewire Television. 7 March 2017, 8:00 PM, PST)