Looks like Illinois is seriously considering giving gay marriage a go. Obama wants it. Jesse Tyler Ferguson's there selling it. And hell, Illinois is so chock full of gay greatness, it deserves the honor of becoming the 10th state to approve gay marriage. Even the state's Gop chair Pat Brady backs it. Holler!
In order to help propel the issue further, I've concocted a quick list of wonderful gay (or quasi-gay) things to emerge from Il.
1. "Chicago, Illinois," from the gay classic Victor/Victoria
If my interview with Lesley Ann Warren didn't convince you the Clue alumna is ripe for canonization, please see yourself to this clip from Victor/Victoria where the Oscar-nominated thespian salutes the naughty joys of the Prairie State. Why did it take until 1982 for the world to notice that Chicago begins with C-h-i-c?
2. Dan Savage
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- ‘Loving’ To Inaugurate Film Screenings At National Museum Of African American History & Culture (From Deadline. 22 October 2016, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pine Locked In For Disney’s A Wrinkle In Time (From We Got This Covered. 22 October 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Chris Pine set for A Wrinkle in Time (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- Kevin Meaney, Iconic Stand-Up Comic, Passes Away at 60 (From MovieWeb. 22 October 2016, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- Oprah’s Message to Undecided Voters: ‘You Don’t Have to Like’ Hillary Clinton, but ‘There’s Really No Choice’ (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- The Price Is Right: Watch All 3 Players Spin $1, Promptly Lose Their Minds (From TVLine.com. 17 October 2016, 2:08 PM, PDT)
Mean Girls (2004)
- Rachel McAdams Open To Reuniting With ‘Mean Girls’ Castmates In Upcoming Musical (From ET Canada. 20 October 2016, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Yes! Rachel McAdams Is Up for a Mean Girls Reunion and Musical (From E! Online. 20 October 2016, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Deadpool 2: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lizzy Caplan, and More On Shortlist To Play Domino (From LatinoReview. 19 October 2016, 3:48 PM, PDT)