Looks like Illinois is seriously considering giving gay marriage a go. Obama wants it. Jesse Tyler Ferguson's there selling it. And hell, Illinois is so chock full of gay greatness, it deserves the honor of becoming the 10th state to approve gay marriage. Even the state's Gop chair Pat Brady backs it. Holler!
In order to help propel the issue further, I've concocted a quick list of wonderful gay (or quasi-gay) things to emerge from Il.
1. "Chicago, Illinois," from the gay classic Victor/Victoria
If my interview with Lesley Ann Warren didn't convince you the Clue alumna is ripe for canonization, please see yourself to this clip from Victor/Victoria where the Oscar-nominated thespian salutes the naughty joys of the Prairie State. Why did it take until 1982 for the world to notice that Chicago begins with C-h-i-c?
2. Dan Savage
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- Post-Christmas B.O.: ‘Hobbit’ Rebounds; ‘Unbroken’ & ‘Woods’ Solid;’Interview’ Dips (From Deadline New York. 27 December 2014, 4:07 AM, PST)
- ‘American Sniper’ Breaks Christmas Record in Limited Release (From Variety - Film News. 26 December 2014, 11:01 AM, PST)
- Oprah Was the Guardian Angel on the ‘Selma’ Set (From VH1.com. 24 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- '80s Overload: See Joan Rivers, Oprah, Cher and More in 'Christmas at Pee-wee's Playhouse' (From Movies.com. 25 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Beyonce & Jay Z Are Breaking Up & 5 Other Rumors That Wouldn’t Die in 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Michael Sam to Oprah -- Gays in The NFL ... Reached Out to Me (From TMZ. 23 December 2014, 8:17 AM, PST)
Mean Girls (2004)
- The Best Film and TV Reunions of the Year (From VH1.com. 24 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- 15 of the Most Epic Cast Reunions of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 December 2014, 8:45 PM, PST)
- Finally, a Christmas Song for Marijuana Lovers (From Hitfix. 22 December 2014, 10:12 AM, PST)