Les Misérables, 2012.
Directed by Tom Hooper.
In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean - who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after breaking parole - agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's daughter, Cosette - a decision that will change their lives forever.
Musicals are not a genre of film I run into with high expectations. I have nothing against the musical. There are several I consider to be quite good. However, it's something I prefer to see in the theater. It's a medium best served on the stage. There are some exceptions of course. Singin' in the Rain is by far better on screen, and I haven't seen a production of Grease that ever captured the same kind of energy as the big screen adaptation. Every »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Win movie merchandise form Logan (From HeyUGuys. 27 February 2017, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Kimmel Leads Standing Ovation for 'Highly Overrated' Meryl Streep, Mocks President Trump at 2017 Oscars (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 February 2017, 6:41 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman’s Rep Denies Report That His Marriage Is On The Rocks (From ET Canada. 26 February 2017, 4:47 PM, PST)
- The Official Jimmy Kimmel Oscars Hosting Report Card: Find Out How He Rated (From E! Online. 26 February 2017, 10:11 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2017: The 21 Best, Worst and Most Uncomfortable Moments (From TVLine.com. 26 February 2017, 9:26 PM, PST)
- Oscars Red Carpet: Here's What It Looks Like Behind the Scenes (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 February 2017, 3:14 PM, PST)
- Is Russell Crowe Interested In Playing Cable In Deadpool 2? (From We Got This Covered. 24 February 2017, 6:58 PM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie developing Catherine The Great, Bride Of Frankenstein still possible (From Den of Geek. 22 February 2017, 11:17 AM, PST)
- Van Helsing reboot lands a new writer (From Den of Geek. 22 February 2017, 10:17 AM, PST)