Les Misérables, 2012.
Directed by Tom Hooper.
In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean - who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after breaking parole - agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's daughter, Cosette - a decision that will change their lives forever.
Musicals are not a genre of film I run into with high expectations. I have nothing against the musical. There are several I consider to be quite good. However, it's something I prefer to see in the theater. It's a medium best served on the stage. There are some exceptions of course. Singin' in the Rain is by far better on screen, and I haven't seen a production of Grease that ever captured the same kind of energy as the big screen adaptation. Every »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- 'Chappie' (Blu-ray) Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 May 2015, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Reynolds thanks fans as Deadpool wraps (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 5:47 AM, PDT)
- ‘Pan’s’ Joe Wright in Talks to Direct Anne Hathaway in ‘The Lifeboat’ for Working Title, Focus (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The Snap: How and when to use new emojis (From Hitfix. 29 May 2015, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: New 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Concept Art; Anne Hathaway's 'Lifeboat' Gets Classy Director (From Movies.com. 29 May 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Wants To Be Stranded At Sea In Period Thriller The Lifeboat (From Cinema Blend. 28 May 2015, 8:56 PM, PDT)
- Win A ‘Perfida’ Screen Print Signed By James Ellroy! (From The Hollywood News. 28 May 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- The 57 Greatest Westerns Ever, Ranked (From Moviefone. 26 May 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- 'A Beautiful Mind' Stars React to Taxi Crash Deaths of John and Alicia Nash (From Moviefone. 25 May 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)