Quentin Tarantino will attend the International Rome Film Festival on Friday, in order to receive a special lifetime achievement award and to present his latest film, Django Unchained, which will screen for the first time outside of North America. During that brief stop in Rome, he will be shielded from the media.
The Rome festival and Warner Bros Italia, which is distributing the film in Italy, are tightly controlling Friday’s events. There are no press events scheduled, they have completely banned the media from the award ceremony and have limited the screening to a small bunch of domestic media.
In addition to Tarantino, Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz will reportedly also be on hand for the premiere, and will be joined by Franco Nero, the star of the original Django who is living in Rome, and Ennio Morricone, the five-time Oscar-winning composer whose music is closely tied with the Spaghetti Western genre. »
- Vesna Sunrider
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- 10 Best Comics of 2014 (From SoundOnSight. 20 December 2014, 9:18 PM, PST)
- 'The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson' finale recap: Keep bangin' on (From EW.com - Inside TV. 20 December 2014, 1:25 PM, PST)
- Uma Thurman Goes Without Makeup, Rocks the Cape Trend in NYC: See the Photos! (From Us Weekly. 20 December 2014, 12:56 AM, PST)
- 2014: A Look Back at Three Big Hollywood Roles for Three Young Women (From SoundOnSight. 21 December 2014, 12:55 PM, PST)
- ‘Annie’s’ Sun Comes Out at Box Office Despite Sony’s Dark Days of Downloads, Harsh Reviews (From The Wrap. 21 December 2014, 11:31 AM, PST)
- 5 Reasons Annie Is A Hard Knock Disappointment (From Obsessed with Film. 21 December 2014, 10:28 AM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Christoph Waltz talks excitement for Spectre (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 4:09 AM, PST)
- Batman suit and Avengers: Infinity War directors revealed – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Newest Sony Leak Reveals Fifty Scripts From Michael Lynton’s Inbox (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 1:01 AM, PST)