Night on a highway somewhere. A hat and a shoe. In its very simplicity the photograph signals it has some hidden significance.
The caption explains that the two objects on the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles are at the spot where a young man named Chris Guerra was struck by a SUV and killed at about 6 p.m. New Year's Day while trying to cross the four-lane highway.
Chris Guerra was 29. He had moved to Los Angeles in March, hoping to find success as a paparazzi. According to news reports, he'd been stalking Justin Bieber on the holiday, and at the Four Seasons Hotel thought he might have seen Bieber smoking pot.
When Bieber's $200,000 Ferrari left the hotel, Guerra followed it in pursuit. The Four Seasons has an oval-shaped front entrance drive, obscured from street view by a wall of shrubbery, and a photographer outside on the street might not have »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 November 2014, 6:54 PM, PST)
- How Benedict Cumberbatch Really Feels About His Female Fans (From PEOPLE.com. 25 November 2014, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner Takes a Different Approach to Magazine Covers Than Sister Kim Kardashian (From VH1.com. 25 November 2014, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Criterion Collection: L’avventura | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 25 November 2014, 9:05 AM, PST)
- The Noteworthy: "Making Waves", Huppert & Cattrall Look Back, "Missing Reels" (From MUBI. 19 November 2014, 5:40 AM, PST)
- Federico Fellini’s 'Satyricon,' Nicolas Roeg's 'Don't Look Now' And More Coming To Criterion In February (From The Playlist. 18 November 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
Smash His Camera (2010)
- ‘Finding Vivian Maier’ Could Join the Six Photography-Related Docs to Score Oscar Noms (From Scott Feinberg. 7 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- films to stream: UK week of Dec 16 (From FlickFilosopher. 17 December 2013, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Steven Soderbergh Chronicles Every Movie He Watched In The Past Year (From Obsessed with Film. 13 April 2011, 3:00 PM, PDT)