Right from the first episode of Gene Roddenberry's 1966 TV series, the "Star Trek" franchise has been devoted to the idea of hope for a better future through faith in humanity. And according to Cinema Blend, J.J. Abrams has taken that message seriously, as the director of the rebooted franchise has granted one fan his dying wish: To see highly anticipated sequel "Star Trek Into Darkness."
As pretty much any "Star Trek" fan can tell you, "Star Trek Into Darkness" is the hotly anticipated sequel to Abrams' 2009 "Star Trek" relaunch; originally scheduled to hit theaters last summer, "Star Trek Into Darkness" had to be pushed back to this May 17 due to production delays.
For most fans, of course, the delay has been just a minor irritant. But for one fan named Dan, it was something more, as Dan has been diagnosed with a non-treatable form of cancer. On Christmas Day, »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- David Fincher on meeting with Disney and Lucasfilm about Star Wars: Episode VII (From Flickeringmyth. 30 September 2014, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Isaac Says There's One Thing He Loves About Star Wars: Episode VII (From Cinema Blend. 30 September 2014, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher Considered Directing 'Star Wars: Episode VII' (From Moviefone. 30 September 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Star Trek: The Compendium Blu-ray Review (From Collider.com. 30 September 2014, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- Scorpion: ITV2 to air Us tech thriller in the UK (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 September 2014, 3:17 AM, PDT)
- William Shatner says he has been approached by J.J. Abrams about Star Trek 3 (From TotalFilm. 29 September 2014, 10:00 PM, PDT)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- 10 Hated Movie Moments That Aren’t As Bad As You Think (From Obsessed with Film. 30 September 2014, 2:27 AM, PDT)
- William Shatner Confirms Talks For Star Trek 3, Would “Love To Appear” (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- William Shatner Confirms J.J. Abrams Has Contacted Him About Appearing in Star Trek 3 (From Collider.com. 29 September 2014, 9:46 AM, PDT)