Right from the first episode of Gene Roddenberry's 1966 TV series, the "Star Trek" franchise has been devoted to the idea of hope for a better future through faith in humanity. And according to Cinema Blend, J.J. Abrams has taken that message seriously, as the director of the rebooted franchise has granted one fan his dying wish: To see highly anticipated sequel "Star Trek Into Darkness."
As pretty much any "Star Trek" fan can tell you, "Star Trek Into Darkness" is the hotly anticipated sequel to Abrams' 2009 "Star Trek" relaunch; originally scheduled to hit theaters last summer, "Star Trek Into Darkness" had to be pushed back to this May 17 due to production delays.
For most fans, of course, the delay has been just a minor irritant. But for one fan named Dan, it was something more, as Dan has been diagnosed with a non-treatable form of cancer. On Christmas Day, »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- 'Star Trek 3': Simon Pegg's Script Is Completely New (From MovieWeb. 28 March 2015, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Idris Elba Up For Lead Antagonist In ‘Star Trek 3′ (From The Hollywood News. 28 March 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Rumor: CBS and Bryan Singer once again working on a new Star Trek TV series (From JoBlo. 27 March 2015, 8:19 AM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- ‘Star Trek 3′ Reflects ‘Spirit of the TV Show,’ Simon Pegg Says (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning For the Love of Spock documentary (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 March 2015, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Meet your new 'Star Trek 3' villain (From Hitfix. 27 March 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- Walking Dead Spinoff Series Officially Titled Fear The Walking Dead (From Collider.com. 27 March 2015, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg on Star Trek 3, Star Trek Into Darkness issues (From Den of Geek. 26 March 2015, 11:24 PM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg Promises To Bring Back “Frontierism And Adventure” For Star Trek 3 (From We Got This Covered. 26 March 2015, 4:36 PM, PDT)