Gérard Depardieu, the French actor who has been sparring with his native country over taxes, has been granted Russian citizenship.
A brief announcement on the Kremlin website said the president, Vladimir Putin, signed the citizenship grant on Thursday.
A representative for Depardieu declined to say whether he had accepted the offer and refused all comment.
Depardieu said in an open letter published in mid-December that he would turn over his passport and French social security card.
His subsequent decision to move to tax-friendly »
Similar News ItemsVladimir Putin
- Jon Stewart Details Not-So Secret Meetings With Barack Obama (From Rolling Stone. 30 July 2015, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart Secretly Visited Barack Obama in White House (From Rolling Stone. 28 July 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Francis Lawrence Eyeing Red Sparrow (From We Got This Covered. 16 July 2015, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Book Review: From France With Love: Gender And Identity In French Romantic Comedy By Mary Harrod (I. B. Tauris) (From CinemaRetro. 1 August 2015, 9:32 PM, PDT)
- Gerard Depardieu Banned From Ukraine (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2015, 4:48 AM, PDT)
- Gérard Depardieu set to make film about second world war French fighter pilots (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 July 2015, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- Live Through This: Courtney Love attacked by mob of taxi drivers, tweets throughout (From Hitfix. 25 June 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Hot projects on Screenbase (From ScreenDaily. 9 January 2015, 4:20 AM, PST)
- French, Us guilds condemn Charlie Hebdo massacre (From ScreenDaily. 7 January 2015, 5:13 PM, PST)