Gérard Depardieu, the French actor who has been sparring with his native country over taxes, has been granted Russian citizenship.
A brief announcement on the Kremlin website said the president, Vladimir Putin, signed the citizenship grant on Thursday.
A representative for Depardieu declined to say whether he had accepted the offer and refused all comment.
Depardieu said in an open letter published in mid-December that he would turn over his passport and French social security card.
His subsequent decision to move to tax-friendly »
Similar News ItemsVladimir Putin
- Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly Promises ‘Sharp, Strong Journalism’ in First Preview (From PEOPLE.com. 25 May 2017, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- Russian Producer of Cannes Contender ‘Loveless’ on Kremlin Hostility, Patriotism, Piracy, Trump (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 5:20 AM, PDT)
- Twin Peaks Recap: The Bloom Is Off the Blue Rose, Plus: Bobby's a What Now? (From TVLine.com. 24 May 2017, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- 'The Rider', 'A Ciambra' among Directors’ Fortnight winners (From ScreenDaily. 26 May 2017, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- The Rider gallops to a Cannes award by Richard Mowe - 2017-05-26 19:11:23 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 26 May 2017, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Chloe Zhao’s ‘The Rider’ Tops Cannes’ Directors’ Fortnight (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Prince William Honors Mother Princess Diana During Inaugural Legacy Awards -- Watch (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 May 2017, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Prince Williams Honors Mother Princess Diana During Inaugural Legacy Awards -- Watch (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 May 2017, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Confronts the Age of Trump, Brexit, and Isis (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2017, 6:15 AM, PDT)