Gérard Depardieu, the French actor who has been sparring with his native country over taxes, has been granted Russian citizenship.
A brief announcement on the Kremlin website said the president, Vladimir Putin, signed the citizenship grant on Thursday.
A representative for Depardieu declined to say whether he had accepted the offer and refused all comment.
Depardieu said in an open letter published in mid-December that he would turn over his passport and French social security card.
His subsequent decision to move to tax-friendly »
Similar News ItemsVladimir Putin
- Vladimir Putin -- Gets 8th Degree Black Belt ... Just For Kicks (From TMZ. 21 November 2014, 9:32 AM, PST)
- Chelsea Handler Mocks Kim Kardashian By Mooning Instagram (From VH1.com. 12 November 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Chelsea Handler's Ass Shot ... Take That, Kim K! (From TMZ. 12 November 2014, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Viktor | Review (From ioncinema. 14 November 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Jamie Dornan on Not Going Full Frontal in 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' Being a Feminist (From The Hollywood Reporter. 3 November 2014, 2:37 AM, PST)
- With Viktor, Gérard Depardieu Gets His Own Taken (From Village Voice. 21 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- France 4 invites nation to descend into television Anarchy (From The Guardian - TV News. 31 October 2014, 6:06 AM, PDT)
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Travel to Belgium for World War I Commemorative Events (From E! Online. 4 August 2014, 4:35 AM, PDT)
- Pictures! Shah Rukh Khan Honored with French “Knight of the Legion of Honour” (From Bollyspice. 2 July 2014, 8:19 AM, PDT)