Feature Mark Harrison Jan 3, 2013
The 2005 adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy divided fans. Mark takes a look back...
In 2005, director Garth Jennings and producer Nick Goldsmith, better known collectively as Hammer and Tongs, finally brought Disney's long-gestating film version of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy to the big screen. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. But as this article will contend, on the subject of the 2005 cinematic adaptation of the same name, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would have this to say: mostly harmless.
This is not a popular opinion amongst those fans who have derided the film ever since its release, but we don't intend to persuade people that they were wrong about this version of the beloved Douglas Adams story. But it was liked by some, including this writer, and so it's worth re-evaluating. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Disney Reportedly Wants Chris Pratt as Their New 'Indiana Jones' (From Movies.com. 27 January 2015, 5:55 PM, PST)
- Page 2: Big Trouble, Star Wars, Alien, The Interview, Bttf, Indiana Jones, Michael Arndt, Predator, Jurassic Park (From Slash Film. 27 January 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Is Chris Pratt Going to Play Indiana Jones? (From PEOPLE.com. 27 January 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Jason Segel’s Big Dramatic Debut Is One Of Many Great Things In ‘The End of the Tour’ [Sundance 2015] (From Slash Film. 25 January 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Entertainment’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 January 2015, 3:10 PM, PST)
- Movie Review – Mortdecai (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 January 2015, 2:33 AM, PST)
Stephen Fry (I)
- Best Picture Winners Based On or Inspired By Real People and Events (From Scott Feinberg. 27 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Content to spread Pandemic at Efm (From ScreenDaily. 27 January 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- CBS Orders ‘Rush Hour’ Drama Pilot, 2 More Comedies (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)