Alison Sweeney lost a significant amount of weight before she became the host of The Biggest Loser. However, the soap star says she learned how to lead a healthier lifestyle from the show, admitting she has always been prone to fad diets.
"I was a total sucker for both the fat-free and sugar-free crazes. I used not to eat breakfast in the morning because I thought it was just one less meal to worry about," Sweeney told Fitness magazine. "When I started Biggest Loser, I wasn't eating enough and would compensate by consuming foods that weren't good for me. I really credit the show for introducing me to quinoa, lentils and other healthy options that taste good."
As a mom, actress and television host, Sweeney doesn't have much time on her hands for working out -- but she manages to fit cardio and strength training into her busy schedule.
Similar News ItemsAlison Sweeney
- Alison Sweeney: Life After Days 'Feels Crazy' (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- The Biggest Loser Adds Jessie Pavelka, Jennifer Widerstrom for Season 16 (From E! Online. 30 June 2014, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Alison Sweeney Talks 'Days Of Our Lives' Exit (From Access Hollywood. 9 June 2014, 11:48 AM, PDT)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/29/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 July 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of NBC TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2014, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Alison Sweeney Quit Soap Stardom To Put Family First (From PEOPLE.com. 27 July 2014, 12:20 PM, PDT)