Jennifer Lawrence may be an Oscar nominee and the lead in the wildly popular Hunger Games film franchise, but she doesn't take her job too seriously.
"Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid," the actress told Vanity Fair magazine's February issue. "Everybody's like, 'How can you remain with a level head?' And I'm like, 'Why would I ever get cocky?' I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid."
That being said, Lawrence does admit that her Hunger Games role as Katniss has trickled over into her personal life, revealing that she keeps a bow and arrow at her home. "One time I actually used it for defense. I pulled into my garage and I heard men in my house. And I was like, 'I'm not letting them take my stuff.' I had just »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin Enjoy "Super Romantic" Vineyard Date: Get the Scoop! (From E! Online. 20 August 2014, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Females On Film: Ranking the summer's biggest box office winners based on lady roles (From Hitfix. 20 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Concept Art For Xavier's Futuristic Hover Chair - X-men: Days Of Future Past (From ComicBookMovie. 20 August 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Slideshow: Odeya Rush, Brenton Thwaites Pose For ‘The Giver’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 20 August 2014, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- The Homesman Trailer (From TheMovieBit. 20 August 2014, 4:54 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: The cast of Broadway's 'It's Only a Play' reenacts Ellen's Oscar selfie (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 August 2014, 3:03 PM, PDT)
Bill Maher (I)
- Creative Arts Emmys trivia: Bill Maher, Harry Shearer win first career Emmys; 'SNL' extends record (From Gold Derby. 17 August 2014, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Creative Arts Emmys 2014: Winners And Nominees (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2014, 7:32 PM, PDT)
- Robin Williams Time Special Issue Out Friday, Packed with Tributes (Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 13 August 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)