Jennifer Lawrence may be an Oscar nominee and the lead in the wildly popular Hunger Games film franchise, but she doesn't take her job too seriously.
"Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid," the actress told Vanity Fair magazine's February issue. "Everybody's like, 'How can you remain with a level head?' And I'm like, 'Why would I ever get cocky?' I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid."
That being said, Lawrence does admit that her Hunger Games role as Katniss has trickled over into her personal life, revealing that she keeps a bow and arrow at her home. "One time I actually used it for defense. I pulled into my garage and I heard men in my house. And I was like, 'I'm not letting them take my stuff.' I had just »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- And The Podcast Goes To... The Oscars (From FilmExperience. 9 March 2014, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Meme: Matthew Lewis’ Erotic Bro Dancing, Scott Bakula Missed Out On Gay Saunas In NYC, Michael Sam Opens Rainbow Merchandise Store (From The Backlot. 8 March 2014, 8:20 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2014: Jennifer Lawrence's Bff Laura Simpson writes hilarious tell-all essay about her night (From Pop2it. 8 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- '12 Years a Slave' screenwriter John Ridley talks supposed beef with Steve McQueen (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 9 March 2014, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- #Icymi on TheWrap: 10 of the Week's Top Showbiz Stories (From The Wrap. 8 March 2014, 12:46 PM, PST)
- Readers Feel the Love for Newly Engaged Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis (From PEOPLE.com. 8 March 2014, 7:20 AM, PST)
Bill Maher (I)
- Maher Rips Persecuted Billionaires: ‘Now We Do Need to Come After You with Pitchforks’ (From Mediaite - TV. 1 March 2014, 9:14 AM, PST)
- Off the Carpet: A most competitive, campaign-heavy season heads into the final turn (From Hitfix. 24 February 2014, 11:42 AM, PST)
- Christopher: Rachel Maddow Cuts Down Bill Maher and Charles Cooke Like Weeds (From Mediaite - TV. 23 February 2014, 7:32 PM, PST)