Feature Mark Pickavance Jan 2, 2013
I was born in 1961, which means that while I don't recall the earliest Anderson series, The Adventures Of Twizzle or Torchy The Battery Boy, but I do remember watching Four-Feather Falls and Supercar.
However, it was Fireball Xl-5 that really engulfed my imagination, and probably introduced me to the idea of distant worlds and alien races. And in doing so, it also triggered off something wonderful in my head, and I immediately fell in love with all things science fictional and technological.
What's slightly depressing now, and even at the time, was that other parts of the TV and film industry rather turned their noses up at Gerry's productions, referring to him as 'that Puppet guy', or other equally dismissive terms. This was entirely at »
Similar News ItemsJames Garner (I)
- Vince Vaughn on Moving Into Adult Storytelling with ‘True Detective’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- The Academy Explains Why Joan Rivers Was Not Honored at the Oscars (From Popsugar. 24 February 2015, 7:26 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2015: Jennifer Hudson performs 'I Can't Let Go' for in memoriam (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 February 2015, 10:47 PM, PST)
- Arresting Development: Top Ten Sheriffs in the Movies (From SoundOnSight. 19 February 2015, 10:04 AM, PST)
- In Memoriam: Stars We Lost in 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 31 December 2014, 2:42 PM, PST)
- Oscar-Award Nominated & Emmy-Award Winning Costume Designer Joins Mohenjo Daro Crew (From Bollyspice. 11 September 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
Gerry Anderson (I)
- Reggie Yates to host Thunderbirds documentary No Strings Attached (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 March 2015, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- The shows & films that made Britain fall in love with anime (From Den of Geek. 24 March 2015, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- Thunderbirds Are Go! – 10 Things You Need To Know (From Obsessed with Film. 20 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)