Creating a movie franchise out of every superhero ever conceived is the name of the game, and has been for some time. However, whereas a decade ago producers could afford to irk the hardcore fans because the average cinema-goer’s buck was guaranteed, we’re all now trained to spot a generic origin story from a mile away.
As such, doing justice to the source material has never been more essential. When done well, the end result are $1bn-grossing behemoths such as The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises which topped 2012’s earners list. When studios try to pass off lazy filler, we end up with… well, let’s not talk about the Green Lantern.
With the need to push the boundaries, here are six superheroes they’ll probably never be brave enough to option.
But if they did, here’s how it’d be done:
Brother Power the Geek »
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Time Machine: Burton and Bonham Carter Sporting Matching Hairdos on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Amber Heard Doesn't Want to Be Hollywood's Sex Object Anymore: ''It's Incredibly Frustrating'' (From E! Online. 24 April 2015, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp Is Whitey Bulger In ‘Black Mass’ Trailer (From Uinterview. 24 April 2015, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- One-Act Play Festival Sci-Fest L.A. Opens May 7 Featuring Works by Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, and More! (From Dread Central. 20 April 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Lost River Isn't Your Average Fairy Tale [Review] (From QuietEarth. 14 April 2015, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Neil Gaiman to judge Sci-Fi London’s 48 Hour Film Challenge 2015 (From Flickeringmyth. 7 April 2015, 3:29 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Time Machine: Nolan and Producer-Wife Following 'Inception' 'Snub' (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson was bored with new Mad Max Tom Hardy: 'He's crazier than me' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 April 2015, 4:06 AM, PDT)
- Junkie Xl Back In Composer’s Chair With Mad Max: Fury Road (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 April 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)