One of my more pressing New Year's resolutions? To decide definitely whether or not I actually liked Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master. What's already been decided: I can't get enough of Jonny Greenwood's haunting, unsettling, sure to be Oscar-nominated (then again, we all thought that about There Will Be Blood, sigh) original score.
Previously… No, Jonny Greenwood Isn't Hiding From The Mayan Apocalypse In Brazil
With awards season quickly rolling in, The Weinstein Company is giving the Radiohead guitarist a serious push for Best Original Score, streaming the entire The Master soundtrack online along with a few previously unreleased pieces: a second version of "Able Bodied Seamen," six "Overtones" and a new cue, "Sweetness Of Freddie" (via Consequence Of Sound).
Listen to the entire thing right here and let me know whether Jonny Greenwood deserves the Original Score Oscar this year in the comments section below.
Follow Our »
- Brett Warner
Similar News ItemsPaul Thomas Anderson
- Beijing Market Emphasizes Film Production Detail (From Variety - Film News. 19 April 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- 87th Academy Awards Dates and Early Predictions: Another Streep? (From Alt Film Guide. 18 April 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: Looking Past the Hype and Hate (Analysis) (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2014, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Potd: Jonny Greenwood and a Tiny Still From ‘Inherent Vice’ (From Slash Film. 2 April 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- The Definitive Kubrickian Films: 10-1 (From SoundOnSight. 31 March 2014, 9:55 PM, PDT)
- Inherent Vice Will Stray From Pynchon’s Novel, Says Josh Brolin (From We Got This Covered. 29 March 2014, 5:53 PM, PDT)
The Master (2012)
- YouTube Commenters Break Down the 2013 Oscar Nominees (From NextMovie. 23 January 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Shia Labeouf Drops Acid, And 10 Other Extreme Things Actors Have Done For Roles (From TheFabLife - Movies. 22 January 2013, 4:30 PM, PST)
- 'Amour' and Ang Lee Score London Critics' Circle Awards (From Backstage. 22 January 2013, 10:11 AM, PST)