One of my more pressing New Year's resolutions? To decide definitely whether or not I actually liked Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master. What's already been decided: I can't get enough of Jonny Greenwood's haunting, unsettling, sure to be Oscar-nominated (then again, we all thought that about There Will Be Blood, sigh) original score.
Previously… No, Jonny Greenwood Isn't Hiding From The Mayan Apocalypse In Brazil
With awards season quickly rolling in, The Weinstein Company is giving the Radiohead guitarist a serious push for Best Original Score, streaming the entire The Master soundtrack online along with a few previously unreleased pieces: a second version of "Able Bodied Seamen," six "Overtones" and a new cue, "Sweetness Of Freddie" (via Consequence Of Sound).
Listen to the entire thing right here and let me know whether Jonny Greenwood deserves the Original Score Oscar this year in the comments section below.
Follow Our »
- Brett Warner
Similar News ItemsPaul Thomas Anderson
- Tech Support: Period and fantasy do battle for Best Costume Design (From Hitfix. 30 October 2014, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Joaquin Phoenix Is Soaked In Neon In Movie Tie-In Book Cover For 'Inherent Vice' (From The Playlist. 30 October 2014, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- Go Behind the Scenes with the Famous Voices of Disney's 'Big Hero 6' (From Entertainment Tonight. 29 October 2014, 8:35 PM, PDT)
- 'The Book of Life' Review: Macabre Cartoon Almost Gets There (From Moviefone. 17 October 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- The Book Of Life Review (From We Got This Covered. 16 October 2014, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- ‘Book of Life’ Director On Pitching Guillermo Del Toro, Mixing ‘1,000 Influences’ (From Variety - Film News. 14 October 2014, 11:48 AM, PDT)
The Master (2012)
- Is Joaquin Phoenix the prescription for Marvel's 'Doctor Strange'? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 28 August 2014, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- YouTube Commenters Break Down the 2013 Oscar Nominees (From NextMovie. 23 January 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- 'Amour' and Ang Lee Score London Critics' Circle Awards (From Backstage. 22 January 2013, 10:11 AM, PST)