The legendary ABC special rang in 2013 with high ratings, beating out the New Year's Eve competition.
In its first year since the passing of Dick Clark earlier in 2012, "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" had its largest audience since 2000 with 13.3 million viewers and a 4.1 in the key 18-49 demographic. Before the annual special officially began, which was hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Jenny McCarthy, ABC paid tribute to the late Clark with "New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark," which also brought in high ratings.
"Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" also saw performances from Carly Rae Jepsen, Psy, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Brandy, One Republic, Karmin, Greyson Chance, Flo Rida, Ellie Goulding, Jason Aldean, The Wanted, Neon Trees, Pitbull and even Mc Hammer showed up.
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Justin Bieber's Mom Pattie Mallette: What She Thinks About Her Son's Tattoos, Becoming a Grandma (From E! Online. 9 December 2013, 4:15 AM, PST)
- Justin Bieber calls girl fan 'beached whale' (From RealBollywood. 9 December 2013, 3:36 AM, PST)
- Justin Bieber Releases ‘Confident’ — Listen (From HollywoodLife. 9 December 2013, 3:23 AM, PST)
- First Golden Globes promo: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are terrible at music (From Hitfix. 8 December 2013, 2:17 PM, PST)
- Ariana Grande: It’s Great You Apologized For Your Selena Gomez Diss (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 3:17 PM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner ‘Happier Than Ever’ On NYC Brunch Date With Harry Styles (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 2:22 PM, PST)
- What to Watch Monday: The Sing-Off Returns, Sleepy Fall Finale, Christmas Light Fight and More (From TVLine.com. 9 December 2013, 4:00 AM, PST)
- 'Reliable Sources': Three things to know about Sunday's premiere (From EW.com - Inside TV. 7 December 2013, 6:58 PM, PST)
- Seacrest's New Chick -- Scores Huge Modeling Contract ... Thanks to Ryan Hook Up (From TMZ. 7 December 2013, 1:17 PM, PST)