Despite being twice Oscar nominated, for Ray in 2004 and then Dreamgirls and 2006, costume designer Sharen Davis has yet to win the big one. She ticks a lot of the Academy’s boxes too: period clothes, stage wear, real life people. However, Ms. Davis is not just about history and glamour, her work is thoughtful, detailed and appropriate to tone.
Django Unchained is the first time Sharen Davis has worked with Quentin Tarantino, as generally he favours using different costume designers depending on the project. Yet on this evidence the director is likely to employ her services again. The date may be 1859, the location America’s deep south, but this is costume not re-enactment. As such the film has a flavour of the Old West (or rather South) with clever character notes and delicate use of colour.
- Chris Laverty
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Wax Figure Looks Exactly Like the Sherlock Star—It's Basically Him Standing There! (From E! Online. 21 October 2014, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- A look at Screen Actors Guild predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 21 October 2014, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Perfect Match! Leonardo DiCaprio and Girlfriend Toni Garrn Enjoy Romantic Tennis Match—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 20 October 2014, 5:54 PM, PDT)
Samuel L. Jackson
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer Will Debut October 28th! (From LatinoReview. 21 October 2014, 8:19 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premieres Next Week During Agents of Shield (From TheHDRoom. 21 October 2014, 7:43 PM, PDT)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" : 'Captain America', 'Thor' and 'Tony Stark' (From SneakPeek. 21 October 2014, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino cried while watching Godzilla, says Juliette Binoche (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 October 2014, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Juliette Binoche Says Her Performance In 'Godzilla' Made Quentin Tarantino Cry (From The Playlist. 21 October 2014, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- 58th BFI London Film Festival Review – Fury (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2014, 6:49 AM, PDT)