It's no secret that "The Big Bang Theory" is having a fantastic year in the ratings. The show is ranked third in all of television in viewers, and second on the broadcast networks in adults 18-49.
The latest DVR ratings, though, highlight something pretty amazing: "The Big Bang Theory" could very well have the most-watched season of a half-hour comedy since "Friends" went off the air in 2004.
First-run episodes of the CBS show are averaging 20.3 million viewers this season in Nielsen's Live +7 ratings, along with a 7.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic. For the season as a whole (including repeats), "Bbt" clocks in at 19.05 million viewers and 6.5 in the 18-49 demo.
Related: Our favorite TV and movie nerds
It trails only "NCIS" (21.2 million) and "Sunday Night Football" (20.9 million) in viewers, and it's second to "Snf" (8.0) among the under-50 crowd. It doesn't gain quite as much in the Live +7 ratings as ABC's »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Review Roundup: Critics Surprised By Top-Notch Cartoon Reboot (From Uinterview. 7 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Ariel Winter's Favorite Thing about Making Mr. Peabody & Sherman (From kidspickflicks. 7 March 2014, 5:32 PM, PST)
- Ty Burrell: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me (From Us Weekly. 7 March 2014, 4:49 AM, PST)
"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/8/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 March 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Thursday Ratings: Wonderland, Millers, Idol, Parenthood, Reign, Rake (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 March 2014, 12:59 PM, PST)
- Isaiah Washington, Steve Carell, Jamie Dornan and 10 Other Stars Who Have Reprised Their Famous TV Roles (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 12:59 PM, PST)
"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/8/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 March 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
- Jonathan Creek dips but remains Friday night leader with 5.57 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 8 March 2014, 3:38 AM, PST)
- SXSW: 11 must-see movies on the menu in Texas (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 2:28 PM, PST)