As a new year dawns, a tribute to those we've lost in the year now ending is merited ... and in 2012, those sad milestones have encompassed some of the most popular personalities in television history.
Dick Clark: The number of music stars who owe at least part of their success to the "American Bandstand" maestro is incalculable. Thanks to him, people also enjoy "New Year's Rockin' Eve," receive American Music Awards and have a greater appreciation of bloopers. Here's a "so long" salute to you, Dick.
Larry Hagman: The truly unfortunate irony of the veteran actor's recent death is that he was just starting his second round of "Dallas" success as master schemer J.R. Ewing. He'll also »
Similar News Items"Desperate Housewives" (2004)
- Random Roles: Lainie Kazan on wrestling Divine, going Greek, and choosing her own butt double (From The AV Club. 20 October 2016, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Mipcom: Shonda Rhimes, Adi Hasak and the power of local content (From ScreenDaily. 20 October 2016, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Eva Longoria Developing Comedy at ABC Based on Parenting Book ‘940 Saturdays’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 October 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- American Music Awards: Sting to Receive Award of Merit, Perform Medley (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 October 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Writer David Hare and Director Mick Jackson Talk About .Denial. (From Manny the Movie Guy. 18 October 2016, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- The Voice Recap: Good, Better, Bette (From TVLine.com. 17 October 2016, 7:46 PM, PDT)
- Review: 'Timeless' meets James Bond by way of Indiana Jones (From Hitfix. 24 October 2016, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: House of Purgatory director on one of 2016’s scariest Halloween movies (From Monsters and Critics. 20 October 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- SNL Promos: Tom Hanks Talks Outer Space, Sips Mimosas With Leslie Jones (From TVLine.com. 19 October 2016, 5:36 PM, PDT)