Quentin Tarantino’s films always seem to find the perfect balance between thoughtful story and thoughtless violence. It’s a formula which few other-- if any-- filmmakers have gotten right. Next up in the batter’s box is Oliver Stone and his new movie Savages.
Oliver Stone films haven’t found much love lately. Aside from 2006’s World Trade Center, you have to go back to 1995’s Nixon to find a Stone movie that resonated well with critics. In my opinion, you have to go back to 1987’s Wall Street to find an Oliver Stone movie that resonated well with audiences. There’s no doubt that the man is skilled at making movies, but he seems to have lost whatever it was that allowed him to make good movies long ago.
The end result of his latest film, Savages, is more of the same. However, this film’s largest faults »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (G.S. Perno)
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- ‘SpongeBob’ Splashy, ‘Kingsman’ Royal In Starts; ‘Sniper’ Still Sharp: Intl Bo Update (From Deadline New York. 1 February 2015, 12:15 PM, PST)
- HBO Grabs A Lewis And Clark Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck (From We Got This Covered. 1 February 2015, 9:48 AM, PST)
- Brad Pitt May Team With Angelina Jolie To Fight Poachers In His Next Movie (From Cinema Blend. 1 February 2015, 8:32 AM, PST)
- Synapse Film Prepares for Colin Eggelston’s Long Weekend (From Horror News. 1 February 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 15 Actors You Didn’t Know Were Almost Cast In Tarantino Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 1 February 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: Sundance, the First 'Fantastic Four' Trailer, Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast (From Movies.com. 30 January 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Sundance Festival: Ryan Reynolds on playing poker and Mississippi Grind (From Cineplex. 27 January 2015, 9:17 AM, PST)
- New Mom Blake Lively Steps Out For an Inspiring Cause (From Popsugar. 27 January 2015, 7:52 AM, PST)
- Ryan Reynolds Gushes Over Newborn Baby Girl, Says Fatherhood Is "Amazing"—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 26 January 2015, 12:56 PM, PST)