French music star in talks with Downing Street over move to Tech City hub as France's highest earners rail against tax rises
One of France's most famous music stars Jean Michel Jarre has been in talks with the Downing Street over a possible transfer of business operations to the UK, No 10 has said.
The prime minister's office confirmed Jarre, famous for his brand of electronic music, light-show extravaganzas and record-breaking numbers at his vast outdoor concerts, met with No 10 officials in September to discuss locating within the government-backed Tech City, which offers generous tax incentives to investors.
The announcement comes as France's highest constitutional court rejected the Socialist government's attempt to impose a 75% tax on its highest earners.
On the political blog site Order-order, which broke the story on Monday, a Downing Street source was quoted as describing the meeting as a "defection" from France over the higher tax rate. »
- Shiv Malik, Angelique Chrisafis
Similar News ItemsGérard Depardieu
- Les Arcs Fest Incubates Arthouse Films With Commercial Potential (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Les Arcs unveils co-pro and work-in-progress titles (From ScreenDaily. 14 November 2013, 2:52 AM, PST)
- Les Arcs unveils co-pro and in-progress titles (From ScreenDaily. 14 November 2013, 2:52 AM, PST)
- The HeyUGuys Interview: French Director François Ozon Discusses His Latest Film Jeune & Jolie (From HeyUGuys. 28 November 2013, 4:30 AM, PST)
- The HeyUGuys Interview: Marine Vacth discusses her role in Jeune & Jolie (From HeyUGuys. 27 November 2013, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Jeune Et Jolie Review (From The Hollywood News. 27 November 2013, 4:25 AM, PST)
King George VI
- Kate Middleton Wears a Tiara Fit For a Queen (From Popsugar. 3 December 2013, 6:23 PM, PST)
- Colin Firth tries to impress parents (From RealBollywood. 24 November 2013, 8:13 PM, PST)
- Syfy Announces January Premiere Schedule Including Helix, Being Human, Lost Girl, Bitten (From ScifiMafia. 22 November 2013, 9:10 AM, PST)