Zap2it: With the changes happening at other syndicated entertainment magazine programs -- "The Insider" morphing into "omg! Insider," Rob Marciano joining "Entertainment Tonight" as co-anchor -- how do you see those impacting "Extra"?
Maria Menounos: I haven't really focused much on them. For us, I feel like we have such a great opportunity because Mario (Lopez, Menounos' co-host) and I are a really good team. And I think our show is the best on the air right now. We're at every event, covering Hollywood from every angle. There's such an energy at The Grove (the Los Angeles site where "Extra" is taped), people from all over the world come and look for our show.
We're able to cover things like Hurricane Sandy in a real way, because of my journalism background, and no other show [like ours] has that or does that. I think we have something really unique and special, »
Similar News Items"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Nancy O'Dell's Stress-Relief Secrets (From Huffington Post. 20 May 2013, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘BMX Bandits’ is pure retro-80′s goodness (From SoundOnSight. 19 May 2013, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull (From Huffington Post. 18 May 2013, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Dancing With The Stars: Derek Hough Talks Freestyle Factor, Val Chmerkovskiy Calls Finals 'Intimidating' (From Access Hollywood. 20 May 2013, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Dancing With the Stars Final Four Couples Revealed on 300th Episode (From Us Weekly. 15 May 2013, 3:02 AM, PDT)
- "Dancing With the Stars" Results: Who's Headed to the Finale? (From TooFab. 14 May 2013, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Fashion Face-Off: Maria Menounos vs. Jennifer Lopez in Black Jumpsuits (From E! Online. 15 May 2013, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Heiman Talks Making Out With Brandi Glanville: "I'm More of a Sweet and Gentle Kisser" (From E! Online. 19 April 2013, 4:55 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck, Mark Wahlberg & More Boston Celebs Tweet About Tragedy (From HollywoodLife. 16 April 2013, 7:16 AM, PDT)