Skyfall: 007 standing tall.
The Skyfall juggernaut continues with worldwide grosses topping $1 billion, making this by far the highest grossing 007 flick of all time. Additionally, as the following press release from Sony points out, Skyfall has become the highest grossing movie of all time in the UK, passing the $100 million mark.
London, 31st December, 2012 – Eon Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment are delighted to announce that Skyfall, the UK’s most successful film of all time, continues to smash box office records and has now taken a staggering £100,460,679, the first film in box office history to cross the £100m mark.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continuing the longest running and most successful franchise in film history opened in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on Friday 26th October 2012, and is still on general release. Additionally, the film has generated more than $1 billion in ticket sales worldwide.
- email@example.com (Cinema Retro)
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Bond 24 seeking an iconic, physically imposing henchman like Oddjob and Jaws (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2014, 5:18 AM, PDT)
- What lies ahead for the Spider-Man franchise? (From Den of Geek. 21 August 2014, 1:17 AM, PDT)
- Idris Elba, Russell T Davies and Neil Gaiman encourage investment in minority programming (From Den of Geek. 20 August 2014, 11:36 PM, PDT)
- Bond 24 Wants An Iconic Henchman Like Jaws & Oddjob (From ComicBookMovie. 23 August 2014, 12:32 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Penny Dreadful: Season 1 (From Disc Dish. 21 August 2014, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- The Woman in Black: Angel of Death Teaser Trailer Comes Haunting (From Dread Central. 21 August 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Bond 24 Villain Could Be a Bigger Adversary for Daniel Craig (From Collider.com. 23 August 2014, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- "Bond 24" Wants A Henchman, Austrian Locale (From Dark Horizons. 23 August 2014, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes Wants An Iconic Henchman For Bond 24 (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2014, 6:49 AM, PDT)