Critical and popular hit means James Bond tops British film charts for first time since The Living Daylights in 1987
Skyfall, the hugely successful latest outing of James Bond, has become the first film to take more than £100m at the UK box office, despite the franchise marking its 50th year.
The film, which pits Bond against Javier Bardem's blond-haired villain Raoul Silva, is still on general distribution more than two months after its release. It also features Judi Dench in her seventh outing as M.
The previous highest earner in the franchise was Casino Royale, which took just under $600m in 2006.
Skyfall is almost entirely set in London, where it received the most spectacular promotional trailer »
- Maev Kennedy
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Bella Thorne Remembers Bill Paxton, Thanks Him for Being 'a Good TV Dad' on 'Big Love' (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 February 2017, 3:00 PM, PST)
- The Link Between Bill Paxton, John F. Kennedy and the Movie ‘Parkland’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 February 2017, 2:45 PM, PST)
- Tom Hanks and More Celebrities Pay Tribute to Bill Paxton After His Death (From Popsugar. 26 February 2017, 2:28 PM, PST)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Naomie Harris wants to see Daniel Craig back as 007 for Bond 25 (From Flickeringmyth. 26 February 2017, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Entire James Bond Team Wants Daniel Craig Back Says Naomie Harris (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Naomie Harris says "there's a very good chance" of Daniel Craig's 007 return (From JoBlo. 24 February 2017, 4:55 AM, PST)
- Alita: Battle Angel Wraps Filming; Michelle Rodriguez Confirmed To Play Gelda (From We Got This Covered. 22 February 2017, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Michelle Rodriguez Secretly Joined Alita: Battle Angel (From MovieWeb. 22 February 2017, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Disney's World of Avatar Ride Videos Take You Into Pandora (From MovieWeb. 21 February 2017, 12:49 PM, PST)