The final weekend box office of 2012 sent the year out on a high note, putting 2012 in the record books with the biggest box office take in history at $10.8 billion in ticket sales. The Hobbit has now passed the $600 million mark in worldwide grosses and both Django Unchained and Les Miserables have performed much better than anticipated, helping to boost this year's box office above 2009's $10.6 billion.
However, not every recent release has connected with audiences. The Seth Rogen/Barbra Streisand roadtrip comedy The Guilt Trip didn't catch on and Pixar's re-release of Monsters, Inc (in 3D) failed to register with family audiences. But family audiences have been turning out to see the Bette Midler/Billy Crystal comedy, Parental Guidance. That film has done surprisingly well considering the low-key advertising campaign.
Top 10 Films for the Weekend of December 28-30, 2012
Read Full Post
Box Office Report: Hobbit Finishes First Again originally appeared on About. »
Similar News ItemsSeth Rogen
- North Korea Files Un Complaint Over The Interview (From We Got This Covered. 11 July 2014, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- North Korea Files Complaint With United Nations Over 'The Interview' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 July 2014, 4:03 AM, PDT)
- Dakota Johnson to star in Forever, Interrupted (From ScreenDaily. 10 July 2014, 4:07 PM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Christoph Waltz Is Tense And Nude In Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 10 July 2014, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Terry Gilliam’s The Zero Theorem (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Costume Exhibit Coming To Future Home Of Academy Museum (From Deadline New York. 8 July 2014, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Nominations 2014: Read the Nominees' Best (and Funniest!) Reactions (From PEOPLE.com. 10 July 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- New York Takes Starring Role in Emmy Race (From Variety - TV News. 10 July 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Nominations Include The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story (From DailyDead. 10 July 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)