Having already worked to adapt last year’s release schedule for the big screen — you can thank me when you run out of board games, Hollywood — I thought I’d try to do the same with 2012. After all, we’re all about franchises here, particularly those with some semblance of name recognition.
If 2012 were a movie it would be unable to shy from the Olympics, Curiosity’s arrival on Mars or the fact that the world didn’t end. It would feature a British enquiry, an American election and Austrian jumping out of a hot air balloon. Not to mention a naked prince, the God particle and Gangnam style.
If 2012 were a movie it would also reflect the year in film. It would be a 50th anniversary re-release of a stop-motion reboot. It would be a team-up movie, a mega-franchise starring Snow White, Alfred Hitchcock and Taylor Kitsch. The rights would be bought by Disney. »
- Steven Neish
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- 'Catwoman' Covers "Elle" (From SneakPeek. 21 October 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)
- A Whale of a Poster for 'In the Heart of the Sea' (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 October 2014, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Podcast: Ebola, George Lucas, Netflix, DVDs & Blu-rays and Much More (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Shailene Woodley and Eva Green are Depressed in White Bird in a Blizzard (From Village Voice. 21 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- If Neil Gaiman Really is Developing a Vertigo Universe… What Comics Should He Choose? (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 October 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Neil Gaiman Explains Why Sandman Wasn't in the DC Movie Line-up (From GeekTyrant. 21 October 2014, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Sean Bean Probably Won't Die in Ridley Scott's Sci-Fi 'The Martian' (From FirstShowing.net. 21 October 2014, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton Talk Exodus: Gods And Kings In New Featurette (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 October 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Ten Potential Oscar Contenders That Will Premiere by the End of the Year (From Scott Feinberg. 21 October 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)