Having already worked to adapt last year’s release schedule for the big screen — you can thank me when you run out of board games, Hollywood — I thought I’d try to do the same with 2012. After all, we’re all about franchises here, particularly those with some semblance of name recognition.
If 2012 were a movie it would be unable to shy from the Olympics, Curiosity’s arrival on Mars or the fact that the world didn’t end. It would feature a British enquiry, an American election and Austrian jumping out of a hot air balloon. Not to mention a naked prince, the God particle and Gangnam style.
If 2012 were a movie it would also reflect the year in film. It would be a 50th anniversary re-release of a stop-motion reboot. It would be a team-up movie, a mega-franchise starring Snow White, Alfred Hitchcock and Taylor Kitsch. The rights would be bought by Disney. »
- Steven Neish
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer talk Man of Steel (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2013, 4:25 PM, PDT)
- Unused Iron Man 3 poster designs (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2013, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- First Trailer for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Directorial Debut 'Don Jon' (From FirstShowing.net. 22 May 2013, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- There Are A Few Things Don Jon Really Cares About In Life! (From Twitch. 22 May 2013, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is addicted to porn in first 'Don Jon' trailer (From Hitfix. 22 May 2013, 8:32 PM, PDT)
- Trailer for Don Jon, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Scarlett Johansson (From Worst Previews. 22 May 2013, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender's Assassin's Creed Movie Sets 2015 Release (From Cinema Blend. 21 May 2013, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘The Last Days on Mars’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2013, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Prometheus 2 Develops Casting Rumors, But No Confirmed Plot (From We Got This Covered. 20 May 2013, 8:52 AM, PDT)