Washington, Dec mber 31: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' continued to rule at the box office, staying on top for a third-straight week and capping a record-setting 10.8-billion-dollar year in moviegoing.
According to Sunday studio estimates, despite serious competition from some much-anticipated newcomers, the Warner Bros. fantasy epic from director Peter Jackson, based on the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel, made nearly 33 million dollars this weekend.
The movie has now made a whopping 686.7 million dollars worldwide and 222.7 million dollars domestically alone, CBS News.
- Rahul Kapoor
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Peter Jackson Could Work Doctor Who Episode into His Schedule after The Hobbit Trilogy (From Collider.com. 24 July 2014, 6:57 PM, PDT)
- Peter Jackson May Direct Episode of Doctor Who (From Cinelinx. 24 July 2014, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- 2 New Images from The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies (From GeekTyrant. 24 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Out Of Print Trailer Must Watch (From TheMovieBit. 24 July 2014, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Pulp Fiction ReAction Figures by Funko (From GeekTyrant. 24 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Interview with Anton Corbijn about A Most Wanted Man (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 24 July 2014, 8:12 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Live(ish) from San Diego Comic Con! (From FilmExperience. 24 July 2014, 4:12 AM, PDT)
- Loving First Poster for Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda (From Dread Central. 21 July 2014, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- 5 Movies Due For a Remake (From GeekTyrant. 21 July 2014, 10:45 AM, PDT)