Washington, Dec mber 31: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' continued to rule at the box office, staying on top for a third-straight week and capping a record-setting 10.8-billion-dollar year in moviegoing.
According to Sunday studio estimates, despite serious competition from some much-anticipated newcomers, the Warner Bros. fantasy epic from director Peter Jackson, based on the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel, made nearly 33 million dollars this weekend.
The movie has now made a whopping 686.7 million dollars worldwide and 222.7 million dollars domestically alone, CBS News.
- Rahul Kapoor
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Walk of Fame Honoree Kate Winslet Keeps Raising the Bar (From Variety - Film News. 12 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- "Devil's Knot" Trailer Examines the West Memphis Three Case (From TooFab. 11 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Ten of the Most Creative Horror Movie Weapons (From FEARnet. 11 March 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Magnolia Huffs, Puffs and Readies to Release Big Bad Wolves on Home Video (From Dread Central. 13 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn TV series: just a more boring version of the movie? (From The Guardian - Film News. 13 March 2014, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- From Dusk Till Dawn TV series: just a more boring version of the movie? (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 March 2014, 5:50 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Zero Theorem: the world according to Christoph Waltz (From The Guardian - Film News. 13 March 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Two more Daily Bugle viral articles for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- Hear Electro speak in new clips from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 3:58 PM, PDT)