Washington, Dec mber 31: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' continued to rule at the box office, staying on top for a third-straight week and capping a record-setting 10.8-billion-dollar year in moviegoing.
According to Sunday studio estimates, despite serious competition from some much-anticipated newcomers, the Warner Bros. fantasy epic from director Peter Jackson, based on the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel, made nearly 33 million dollars this weekend.
The movie has now made a whopping 686.7 million dollars worldwide and 222.7 million dollars domestically alone, CBS News.
- Rahul Kapoor
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- How Fast & Furious 7 created a digital Paul Walker to complete the movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 March 2015, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- ‘Interstellar’ wins best film at Empire Awards (From ScreenDaily. 30 March 2015, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- ‘Interstellar’ wins Film, Director at Empire Awards (From Variety - Film News. 30 March 2015, 4:05 AM, PDT)
- 10 Most Twisted Quentin Tarantino Movie Characters (From Obsessed with Film. 30 March 2015, 6:56 AM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: Best of SXSW, Why Hollywood Is Discovering Colombia and More (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 March 2015, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Every Quentin Tarantino Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best (From Moviefone. 27 March 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Watch: Tarantino Profiles to the Beat of 'Whiplash' (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 March 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Three more stills from Spectre featuring Daniel Craig, Christoph Waltz and Monica Bellucci (From Flickeringmyth. 29 March 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- New images from Spectre show 007 in action in Mexico City (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2015, 10:59 AM, PDT)