Washington, Dec mber 31: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' continued to rule at the box office, staying on top for a third-straight week and capping a record-setting 10.8-billion-dollar year in moviegoing.
According to Sunday studio estimates, despite serious competition from some much-anticipated newcomers, the Warner Bros. fantasy epic from director Peter Jackson, based on the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel, made nearly 33 million dollars this weekend.
The movie has now made a whopping 686.7 million dollars worldwide and 222.7 million dollars domestically alone, CBS News.
- Rahul Kapoor
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Writer Signs on for Housebound Remake (From DailyDead. 8 December 2016, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Daily Dead’s 2016 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day 9 – Horror Lego Figures, Arrow Video, Last Shirt on the Left, Monster High & More! (From DailyDead. 6 December 2016, 4:28 PM, PST)
- Studios Looking At Making Films Available At Home 2 Weeks After They Open In Cinemas (From The Playlist. 5 December 2016, 7:23 AM, PST)
- ‘Dolemite’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 8 December 2016, 4:01 AM, PST)
- Kodak Introduces Reel Film, a New App That Finds Movies Screening on Celluloid Near You (From Indiewire. 7 December 2016, 4:52 PM, PST)
- Tomb Raider: Hateful Eight’S Walton Goggins To Sign On As Villain (From LRM Online. 7 December 2016, 4:48 PM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Harry Cohen To Receive Motion Picture Sound Editors’ Career Honor (From Deadline. 8 December 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Harry Cohen To Receive Motion Picture Sound Editors’ Career Honor (From Deadline TV. 8 December 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Walton Goggins is the new ‘Tomb Raider’ villain (From The Hollywood News. 7 December 2016, 11:30 PM, PST)