Washington, Dec mber 31: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' continued to rule at the box office, staying on top for a third-straight week and capping a record-setting 10.8-billion-dollar year in moviegoing.
According to Sunday studio estimates, despite serious competition from some much-anticipated newcomers, the Warner Bros. fantasy epic from director Peter Jackson, based on the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel, made nearly 33 million dollars this weekend.
The movie has now made a whopping 686.7 million dollars worldwide and 222.7 million dollars domestically alone, CBS News.
- Rahul Kapoor
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ #27: tangled but blooming (From SoundOnSight. 29 January 2015, 7:08 PM, PST)
- Here's Why The Hobbit Films Suck in Comparison to The Lord Of The Rings (From GeekTyrant. 29 January 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Damien Chazelle or Paul Thomas Anderson Could Become Fifth Adapted Screenplay Winner to Also Direct the Film (From Scott Feinberg. 29 January 2015, 6:42 AM, PST)
- Synapse Film Prepares for Colin Eggelston’s Long Weekend (From Horror News. 1 February 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 15 Actors You Didn’t Know Were Almost Cast In Tarantino Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 1 February 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: Sundance, the First 'Fantastic Four' Trailer, Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast (From Movies.com. 30 January 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- The Real Scandal Is How Amazing Kerry Washington Has Always Looked (From Popsugar. 30 January 2015, 5:45 PM, PST)
- Win Tickets To The Advance Screening of Seventh Son in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 January 2015, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Oscar Acting Races: 5 Box Office Musings (From FilmExperience. 26 January 2015, 8:42 PM, PST)