It’s no understatement to say that this year’s James Bond adventure Skyfall had something to prove. Four years had passed since the previous installment, Quantum of Solace, which many consider a lackluster follow-up to Daniel Craig’s 007 debut in Casino Royale. However, with Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Road to Perdition) at the helm, Skyfall scored with both critics and fans, with many claiming it is among the franchise’s best entries.
Now Sony has announced that the film has earned more than $1 billion worldwide. This makes it the first film in the Bond franchise to reach that total and the highest-grossing film in Sony Pictures history. However, even with this hefty box office take, Skyfall is the 14th film to hit this milestone and the third 2012 film to do so, following The Avengers and The ...
Click to continue reading ‘Skyfall’ Box Office Crosses the $1 Billion Mark Worldwide
- Robert Yaniz Jr.
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- How Daniel Radcliffe Killed Harry Potter and Found ‘What If’ (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- James Gunn Says No To Directing A ‘Bond’ Film (From The Hollywood News. 30 July 2014, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- Films that'd get a fairer hearing if they weren't sequels (From Den of Geek. 29 July 2014, 4:42 AM, PDT)
- Variety jumps into the deep end of crafts coverage and it's about time (From Hitfix. 30 July 2014, 3:11 PM, PDT)
- Trailer: The Imitation Game (From Pure Movies. 27 July 2014, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- 24th James Bond movie to film in Rome (From RealBollywood. 25 July 2014, 5:55 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- “Annie Hall”: The Top 25 (Best Picture) (From Hollywoodnews.com. 28 July 2014, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Penny Dreadful Season 1 Heading to Blu-ray/DVD in October (From Dread Central. 26 July 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Penny Dreadful Season 1 Blu-ray / DVD Cover Art & Release Details (From DailyDead. 25 July 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)