Box-office revenue has hit an all-time high of $10.8 billion and attendance is up 6% over last year according to THR. And Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" remained on the top with $32.9 million.
Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" beat "Les Miserables" for the No. 2 spot with $30.7 million and a six-day total of $64 million since opening Christmas Day. Universal's "Les Miserables" starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Amanday Seyfried, and Anne Hathaway was at No. 3 with $28 million and a six-day domestic total of $67.4 million and a worldwide box-office total of $116.2 million.
Related Posts ("Les Miserables" InterviewS):
The three films helped Hollywood with a record-breaking year. "The Hobbit" has made $222.7 million in North American and about $600 million worldwide.
Here's the estimated Top 10 Box-Office Films for the weekend of Dec. 28th:
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 3/4,100, New Line/MGM, $32.9 million, »
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Miley Cyrus named worst dressed celeb of 2013 (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 12:10 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Festival Unveils 2014 Premieres Lineup (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Beyonce Knowles and Jay Z Go Vegan for Christmas (From National Ledger. 7 December 2013, 12:43 PM, PST)
- Jake Gyllenhaal on ‘Prisoners’ and Why Good Cops Have Criminal Minds (From The Wrap. 9 December 2013, 4:20 PM, PST)
- AFI Awards List: An Upscale, Oscar-Friendly Version of the People's Choice Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 3:48 PM, PST)
- Five costumes from the comics perfect for ‘The Wolverine’ sequel (From Hitfix. 9 December 2013, 2:30 PM, PST)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Sesame Street Parodies The Lord Of The Rings (From GeekTyrant. 10 December 2013)
- Film Review: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' (From CineVue. 10 December 2013, 3:18 AM, PST)
- Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy on demand now (From Sky Movies. 10 December 2013, 3:08 AM, PST)