Box-office revenue has hit an all-time high of $10.8 billion and attendance is up 6% over last year according to THR. And Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" remained on the top with $32.9 million.
Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" beat "Les Miserables" for the No. 2 spot with $30.7 million and a six-day total of $64 million since opening Christmas Day. Universal's "Les Miserables" starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Amanday Seyfried, and Anne Hathaway was at No. 3 with $28 million and a six-day domestic total of $67.4 million and a worldwide box-office total of $116.2 million.
Related Posts ("Les Miserables" InterviewS):
The three films helped Hollywood with a record-breaking year. "The Hobbit" has made $222.7 million in North American and about $600 million worldwide.
Here's the estimated Top 10 Box-Office Films for the weekend of Dec. 28th:
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 3/4,100, New Line/MGM, $32.9 million, »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- How Christopher Walken chooses his movie roles (From Den of Geek. 24 April 2017, 9:55 PM, PDT)
- Viola Davis Takes Airport Style to New Heights in Ab-Baring Sheer Top (From PEOPLE.com. 24 April 2017, 9:20 PM, PDT)
- Michael Mann Plans Return to Television with Vietnam War Drama ‘Hue 1968’ (From The Film Stage. 24 April 2017, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- 'Silence Of The Lambs' director Jonathan Demme dies aged 73 (From ScreenDaily. 26 April 2017, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- Jonathan Demme, ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Director, Dies at 73 (From Variety - Film News. 26 April 2017, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- Argentinian Poster is a ‘Colossal’ Success (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 25 April 2017, 3:27 PM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Kong: Skull Island Director Likely Won’t Return For Another Film (From LRM Online. 24 April 2017, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Three more join the cast of Peter Jackson’s Mortal Engines (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2017, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Arrow Star Colin Salmon One Of Three New Additions To Mortal Engines (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 6:32 AM, PDT)