"Skyfall" is now the third film to reach this mark in 2012. Earlier this year both "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight Rises" broke $1 billion, earning $1.51 billion and $1.08 billion, respectively. It is the 14th film in history to break the billion dollar mark.
"Skyfall," which was generally well-received by critics, is the 23rd installment in the James Bond franchise. The film made $289.6 million domestically and $710.6 million abroad to reach a worldwide total of just over $1 billion.
- Madeline Boardman
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- The HeyUGuys Summer Preview – Interstellar (From HeyUGuys. 17 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Gets Early Start Overseas (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 16 April 2014, 5:09 PM, PDT)
- Official storyboards from Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 16 April 2014, 4:23 PM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Pierce Brosnan Doesn't Think He Was Very Good At Playing James Bond (From Cinema Blend. 16 April 2014, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan thinks his James Bond movies were "quite tame" (From JoBlo. 15 April 2014, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- Is Penélope Cruz the Next Bond Girl? Speculation Surfaces After Casting Memo Is Reportedly Leaked (From E! Online. 14 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan Doesn’t Think That He Was A Good James Bond (From We Got This Covered. 15 April 2014, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- 'Chimerica,' 'Book of Mormon' win at Oliviers (From EW.com - PopWatch. 14 April 2014, 5:48 AM, PDT)
- Learn More About Penny Dreadful's Dorian Gray and Brona Croft (From Dread Central. 13 April 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)