It’s official — we have reached the era of the billion dollar Bond!
Sony announced today that Skyfall has surpassed the $1 billion mark at the global box office, becoming just the 14th film in history to reach the coveted milestone.
The 23rd entry in the James Bond series has shattered every record in the franchise’s 50-year history. Skyfall, which was produced by MGM, Eon Productions, and Sony for $200 million, has earned $289.6 million in North America alone (including $4.6 million this weekend), clobbering the domestic record set by Quantum of Solace, which earned $168.4 million in 2008.
Internationally, Skyfall has been even more impressive. »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 50 Pairs of Passes to ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’ on Nelson Mandela (From HollywoodChicago.com. 7 December 2013, 1:17 PM, PST)
- It's Adele vs. Lana Del Rey at the 2014 Grammys as 'Skyfall' and 'Gatsby' face off (From Hitfix. 6 December 2013, 11:20 PM, PST)
- Naomie Harris talks the future of Bond (From TotalFilm. 6 December 2013, 11:00 PM, PST)
Casino Royale (2006)
- It Takes a Titan (From Flickeringmyth. 4 December 2013, 1:16 PM, PST)
- New Trailer for ’300: Rise of an Empire’ is Here! (From LatinoReview. 4 December 2013, 11:06 AM, PST)
- The Second Epic Trailer for 300: Rise of an Empire charges In (From HeyUGuys. 4 December 2013, 10:02 AM, PST)
Quantum of Solace (2008)
- Alejando González Iñárritu In Talks To Direct ‘Jungle Book’ (From LatinoReview. 6 December 2013, 12:20 AM, PST)
- Amazon's Cyber Monday 2013 Blu-ray and DVD Deals: Monday, December 2 (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 December 2013, 11:01 PM, PST)
- Camerimage Interview: Cinematographer Roberto Schaefer (From Comingsoon.net. 29 November 2013)